Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skull-One

Very Large Member
Great nickname for 'em.... (The poorly run, overly expensive, government a**holes, that is, not the airline.)

Last edited:
don't get me started on these guys. some are ok but the majority (vast) are a bunch of morons. i feel bad for the poor old lady i saw the other day. about 90. barely could walk, let alone stand on her own. of course she beeped (it was her walker). 3 tsa-holes (i like it skull-one) were holding her up so she can get the wand. she looked petrified. give me an f'n' break.

I'm not sure what's wrong with the TSA. Maybe someone could educate me. Ninety-nine percent of them are friendly (to me anyway) and they seem way more competent than the ex-cons who were doing that job before.

If you don't like being screened, I supposed you could take the grey hound. Being searched does take time and is an inconvience, but personally, I'm glad they're their.

The problem is that some of them have a huge chip on their shoulder(s) and there is absolutely no accountability.

FSDs can "interpret" the rules any way they want. This is outside the TSA Mandate requiring a UNIFORM screening process.

Flight Crews should not be required to have a ticket to go through security if they have a valid ID, PERIOD.

Unfortunately, the big Government machine is rolling and has too much intertia to stop...

We're hosed.

Skull-One said:
The problem is that some of them have a huge chip on their shoulder(s)
and pilots don't??? PULLLEEEEZZZZZ!!! I have had ZERO problems with screeners since TSA took over. My guess is the chip on YOUR shoulder just might be what's setting off the magnetometer.

Not just pilots

it's not just the pilots who are having problems with TSA's chip, it's the ground agents as well. TSA inturprets the directives differently at every station I've been at, and has threatened "class action lawsuits" if some airline employees don't bend to their way of thinking (they tried to get every single gate agent, rampee, and ticket agent to have to go through security before they clocked in at one outstation).
Another gate agent stepped 1 foot into the exit lane of security, then back into the gate area and TSA threw a FIT because he didn't get screened... I watched this all happen, then proceeded to swipe my security badge through a hallway door 5 feet away to bypass them to get to my airplane

well its good to hear that they will be cutting 3,000 agents from their grossly over-staffed work force.

I was talking to some TSA guys in PIT the other day and learned a lot. There used to be approximately 240 Huntley security workers. The TSA guy in charge of the station aimed to hire 760 TSA Agents. That is over three times as many. The thing is that they never needed this many TSA workers but the station manager knew he could get what ever he wanted right after 9/11 with the governments knee jerk reaction. So now that they are cutting the force by 150 or so, his force will still be large and well staffed. Make no mistake, each of these guys running these stations look at their workforce as there own little army. Bigger force equals bigger budget and more power. It is a typical example of government waste. I don't have anything personal against them, I have had my share of good and bad experiences, but it really pissed me off a few months ago because everybody from US Airways group was getting furloughed while TSA is hiring like crazy.
They have no break room so they started out hanging out in one row of chairs in the waiting lounge, then 2, then 3 and so on. They claimed the cleanest and quietest bathroom as there own. The line at Schlotskis deli is twice as long and they just sit there and smoke all day so much that you can barely breathe while they are wanding you. They have multiplied like rabbits and are everywhere. By the way have you noticed almost all of them have pot bellies? Must be in the hiring requirements.
Also at the same time US Air declared bankruptcy, the airport was installing a gigantic new expensive info booth on the airside complete with a 40 foot curving news board and flat tvs paid for Im sure by our tax money. Unbelievable nerve.

Latest resources

Back