Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tchinson

Tchinson
Just curious to know if FO 777 is junior or senior in ATL for DL and ORD for UAL. I've heard continental triple 7 FO is rather junior but then again they have EWR.

Just curious to know if FO 777 is junior or senior in ATL for DL and ORD for UAL. I've heard continental triple 7 FO is rather junior but then again they have EWR.

Doesn't CAL have "Cruise only" FO's on the 777?

I wish you success!
William
AKA Bill
Former Moderator

Doesn't CAL have "Cruise only" FO's on the 777?

I wish you success!
William
AKA Bill
Former Moderator

Nope, they are fully qualified. How many landings they actually get, well you gotta ask the guys who do it. Definetly they only to minimize flying at post-pbs cal. New hires won't get the 777 on this cycle, but about six months on property holds it. Rumor was it went senior this last bid, because of chance of common type rating with 787.

CAL does not have cruise only FO's. If you are fo, you can fly either the FO position or IRO (int'l relief officer) position depending what you get awarded on your line.

Nope, they are fully qualified. How many landings they actually get, well you gotta ask the guys who do it. Definetly they only to minimize flying at post-pbs cal. New hires won't get the 777 on this cycle, but about six months on property holds it. Rumor was it went senior this last bid, because of chance of common type rating with 787.

Don't get to land much. Usually only 1 trip/month on short-call reserve, and then even if it's a flying one, someone usually picks it up and you get the IRO slot. Call me crazy but I actually enjoyed the refresher sim I just had. IMO, it does more than just 3 landings in 90 days on line would do.

It did go pretty senior on the last bid. 11/2005 hire date was the most junior person to bid into it from what I can tell. The rest of us just can't get bumped out the bottom. Might be for QOL or the 787- who knows?

Don't get to land much. Usually only 1 trip/month on short-call reserve, and then even if it's a flying one, someone usually picks it up and you get the IRO slot. Call me crazy but I actually enjoyed the refresher sim I just had. IMO, it does more than just 3 landings in 90 days on line would do.

It did go pretty senior on the last bid. 11/2005 hire date was the most junior person to bid into it from what I can tell. The rest of us just can't get bumped out the bottom. Might be for QOL or the 787- who knows?

Slightly off topic, but how would you rate the destinations/layovers on the CAL 777s from best to worst in your opinion?

This month CO B777 destinations, NRT TLV DEL FRA CDG HKG PEK LGW.

Some long 32hrs, some short around 12 hrs, can't beat the days off on the airplane though; I still like the B767 flying much better, but days off worse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back