Trans States Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MD80DRVR

TSA will be hiring about 250 pilots over the next 9 months. They are hiring furloughed guys and require no letter of resignation. Pilots will be based in Richmond and St. Louis. Folks will be hired into all fleets (J41, ATR and EMB145).

Peace

What are my chances of getting an interview if I get a resume walked in? (1600+TT, 400 multi, 130 turboprop).
Thanks.

I would say you are on the edge of the bubble. Have it walked in you sure wont get an interview if you dont send it in.
Good Luck.........

It can't hurt to try. The pool they have to pick from (especially in STL) is pretty high time. When I was in there yesterday, there was a group of about 20 furloughed TWA/AA guys hanging around begging for a job. All of us have previously worked for TSA as Captains and have been at TWA/AA for at least 2 years.
Send in the resume, it certainly can't hurt you. Good luck.

MD80DRVR,

Where did you see all the former TSAers hanging out? I'm a furloughed United and former TSAer. I'd like to beg for a job myself. Already sent in the resume. Have you heard if they have a no rehire policy? It was always rumored to be the case. Thanks.

bpapa

I was at my interview with Mike S. at TSA's new HQ in the old TWA training center. They are indeed hiring ex TSA pilots. Myself and several others were re-hired. Fax Mike S. a resume and make it clear that you used to work there. You'll probably get a call pretty quickly. Take care.

MD80DRVR,

Thanks for the reply. I will do as you suggested. Best of luck to you.

bpapa

Hi!

I left there while furloughed (I liked it there). When I was recalled, I VERY politely declined and was told if I wanted to come back to call them and they'd put me in the hiring pool immediately-I wouldn't need to interview. It sounds like they like former TSAers.

Cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back