Trans States, good rep., bad rep.?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zeppelin

I just got the call the other day from H.R. at Trans States for an interview. I was talking to some of my buddies and they were saying all sorts of stuff about bad contracts, bad blood with American Eagle over jet allocation, and rumors of black listing of Trans States pilots. Can anyone give me more info on this subject, and or info on the interview. From all my research it seems to be a fine company.

P.S. Yes I know about aviationinterviews.com, and just in case the spelling police are out there, yes I did spell Zeppelin like that on purpose.

TSA has a great pilot group. Great bunch of guys and gals! I am not employed by them anymore so I don't know about the black list stuff and how Eagle feels, can't help you there. When you interview they are looking for somenone who they can get along with on a 4 day trip, if you got the call, they WANT to hire you.

Problems...every regional has problems, it's what you make of it. If you want to have fun, TSA is not a bad place to build some quality jet time. (or turboprop)

If you have any other questions, PM me. Hope this helps.

I will second that The pilots are a good group of people however there management is normal at this level…After a year of watching there board tsalounge.com I think you will find a bunch of people that will stick by you through thick and thin so go for it….

Hi!

From what I know, I would say that a few years back, TSA was a below-average regional, because of their contract. The last contract was pretty much average for a regional, except their training pay was better.

I think it is a decent place to work. Some people complain, but that's true of about any airline I've read about, with the exception of Jet Blue, Air WI, Southwest, and Alaska. If you are expecting a United experience, TSA is NOT major airline. If you compare it to a shady -135 place, with crappy maintenance and no training, TSA is nirvana.

I would suggest you go and interview, and decide for yourself.

Cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back