Trans States Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArcherB

I was wondering if anyone had any info about TSA and when they would be hiring again. I am also trying to find out competitive mins, and the best way to get a resume to them?

TSA

i faxed and sent them an online resume/application about a month and a half ago........

then i spoke to Eileen Plante on the phone, she said they were planning to hire maybe another 60 for the remainder of the year

their mins are 1000 and 200.....competitive?? who knows....probably loads more than i have. ;)

no prob buddy....many people on this site do not think very highly of TSA, however with my times, they're prob. the only regional i have a chance of getting hired by. :mad: :mad:

Along with some of the other well-liked regionals (which I have problems with) such as CHQ, Mesa. :D :D

Hey,
Some people just do not know what they are talking about! TSA(the company), is like any other carniverous(sp?) company, the pilot group is the Finest group of people I have ever had the honor to work with. You will notice, I said "People", not just pilots, that was on purpose.
I was there from 99-00 and will always think of myself as a "Waterskiier", where ever I fly.
Consider your self lucky to work with those guys if you are selected.
Ola
PBR
P.S.- Frank was right!

Hey,
Some people just do not know what they are talking about! TSA(the company), is like any other carniverous(sp?) company, the pilot group is the Finest group of people I have ever had the honor to work with. You will notice, I said "People", not just pilots, that was on purpose.
I was there from 99-00 and will always think of myself as a "Waterskiier", where ever I fly.
Consider your self lucky to work with those guys if you are selected.
Ola
PBR
P.S.- Frank was right!

Hey, I'm sure they're a real great bunch of people...it's just unfortunate sometimes that you get a certain view of a company just from reading the posts on this board. I've never even had a 121 interview yet, so I'll basically work for anyone that sees me qualified to operate their equipment (except for maybe 'Freedom-type' or PFT outfits). Instructing gets kind of old after 2 and a half years!!

Blue side up :cool:

Hi!

I enjoyed working for TSA. My instructors were excellent, and the mgmt people were very flexible with me during training. All the people I worked with at TSA were great!

My best friend at TSA, however, had some terrible instructors. Also, pilot relationships with top mgmt aren't too good. They fired the head of the TSA Mec, because he wasn't spineless, and just recently, after a year out of work, they were forced to re-hire him and pay him back pay, etc. as the result of an arbitration hearing.

My impression is mgmt will try and get away with as much as they can, and there's lots of greivances.

While I would reccomend TSA to start out, it definitely is a place that most people wouldn't want to retire from. I would compare it to Mesaba, Eagle (the upgrades have been shorter at TSA) and Mesa. The pay at TSA is A LOT better than Great Lakes, Pinnacle or Skyway. It isn't as good as ACA or ASA, not to mention Comair, SkyWest, Horizon or Air WI.

I like my current flying job a lot better than TSA.

Cliff
GRB

atpcliff said:
Hi!

While I would reccomend TSA to start out, it definitely is a place that most people wouldn't want to retire from. I would compare it to Mesaba, Eagle (the upgrades have been shorter at TSA) and Mesa. The pay at TSA is A LOT better than Great Lakes, Pinnacle or Skyway. It isn't as good as ACA or ASA, not to mention Comair, SkyWest, Horizon or Air WI.

Cliff
GRB

TSA is a good place to get started but not a career company by any means. It's a good stepping stone to a better regional and you'll learn a lot (some good/some bad). Ziggy1 TSA 96

Latest resources

Back