• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Training at AirNet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For training, at least 12 months ago, they put you up in the Town Place suites. The only free food you get is the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. Those of you that fly in for checkrides, overnights, etc and are already online stay at the Country Inn and Suites which I am sure has a free breakfast. Wouldn't know, I live in this boring city :) Good luck in training.

USC328

USC328 said:
For training, at least 12 months ago, they put you up in the Town Place suites. The only free food you get is the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies. Those of you that fly in for checkrides, overnights, etc and are already online stay at the Country Inn and Suites which I am sure has a free breakfast. Wouldn't know, I live in this boring city :) Good luck in training.

USC328

Best breakfast that you'll have of anywhere they put you up!

Yeah, you need the logbooks with you, but no one will look at them. New hires are still staying at Towne Place Suites off Hamilton Road about 2 miles from the Port. You can always drive up Broad Street to Country Inn and steal some breakfast. They will never know the difference especially if you have Airnet uniforms on. They see our guys on a weekly basis. Good Luck, study hard and have a beer or two.

Any of the materials that you will need will be provided for you by the training department, including a FAR/AIM and Commercial PTS and multiple other goodies (and I use that term loosely).

The training program isn't that tough as long as you don't half-a$$ it and you take it seriously. But be sure to have a good time with it as well or you'll get burned out. Ask your instructors about the decent watering holes in Columbus and be sure to hit at least one of them up during training (multiple times, beer is your friend).

Oh, and there's a "jiggle room" right next to the airport on Stelzer, but it isn't exactly a high quality establishment.

Interview

Just curious......is the intern named Matt still doing the sim evaluations or did they finally find someone with a little experience.

Matt was a good guy, and had enough experience for his position..... I'm pretty sure he's out flying the line now.

schweet!

I dunno where the heck "Mini Me" is, haven't seen or heard from him in months.

i saw him the other week while on 361 up in mke. he was giving paul a hard time. can't remember what run he is on as an SIC, but should have his 1200 in a couple of months.

Matt Hintze is on 243 in St. Louis (CPS) I saw him a few months ago. He should be up to PIC status soon I would think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back