• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tragedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Isn't it always the case, the SOB Drunk Driver survives and innocent people die!

The world just isn't fair!

I'm sorry for your loss... My prayers go out to the families affected by this senseless tragedy...

I can't believe it....

As a former SYX pilot, all I can say is that this is truly horriffic. When I got news of this tragedy yesterday, I felt sick. These were great guys and a little, punk-a$s, drunk driving 19 yr old takes a father away from his little boy, a man whose dream was to fly, injures a spouse of another pilot of SYX, and kills a mechanic from ACA. And worse of all, he lives. Tell that to the little boy who will never see his father again. I hope he gets what's coming to him (and I won't say what I think should happen to him).

God bless their souls, you guys will truly be missed!!!:(

My heart and prayers go out to those families that have been affected by this sensless tragedy.

According to a computerized index of state criminal records, Promotor pleaded no contest in February to underage drinking and pleaded guilty in November to obstructing a police officer.
This was noted in the article

This sucks!!!!! Those were my friends and this little pr!ck should have already been locked up.
To my friends: You will be missed. My prayers go out to your families.
To Mr Promotor: May you receive numerous gang-rapes. Enjoy your prison stay!!!!!

Michael Popp piloted Midwest Connect regional flights on a Cessna 1900 to cities such as Toronto, Grand Rapids, Mich., and Appleton, said his father, Donald Popp.

Cessna 1900? Press, what a compilation of true morons.

God be with them all. Truly sad, people have to die at the hands of a drunk 19 year old punk.

God be with them.

hard to find the right words.....

Being a once fellow Skyway man I knew those involved very well and all were some of the best friends anyone could ask for. To say they will be dearly missed is a very large understatement. I'm still struggling for words.........

Unbelievable

I keep checking the news, hoping that this whole thing has been a mistake and my friends are not dead. Before I get dressed and head to the first funeral this evening, I decided to check the newspaper to see if anything new has come up. The following link simply amazes me. How can something like this fall through the cracks? This motherfuker has been stopped at least four times in the past three years and he has NEVER even had a drivers license.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/apr03/132896.asp

This is an extreme tragedy in the aviation family and my heart goes out to all the families and friends of the effected brotherin. I read the article and was appalled that that bastard was not put behind bars a long time ago. Who cares about age, the reason I say that is because I have exp. in LE and alot of judges feel that "the young of America" can be reformed. ABSOLUTELY F&$KED UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please lets all say a prayer and watch over each other no matter what happens in this industry, aviation is a small knit family and we really have to be here for all. God Bless!!!!!!!!!!

Avrat

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back