Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LAZYB

Time wounds all heels.
There was some discussion about schedules - 30 on, 30 off, or 8 on, 8 off - different equipment, etc.

But there hasn't been any info re: pay,working conditions, pilot bases, commuting etc. I'm not sure if there was an agreement on the above schedules either.

Anyone have any info? :confused:

I'm in the pool right now, and it's my understanding that it's 30 on/off. A-300s are the only a/c on the property right now, with 747-200s on the way -- two for sure, with a possibility of six to eight. L-1011 was retired this past Jan/Feb; the company is privately held, has been in business for around 30 years, and started out flying bolts of fabric from NC mills to Wrangler Jean factories in South/Central America. I think most guys are based at the old AF Base in Puerto Rico, with some based in the Far East (China).

I don't know anyone there personally, but I do know that the folks in the office could't be nicer and that the Chief Pilot is a pleasant guy. It's a really small company, with lots of folks in the office wearing several different hats. They don't have a collective bargaining agreement, and there are about 110 on the seniority list right now.

If anyone else in the pool, or any TradeWinds guys could PM me, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Thanks

Space Wrangler

Space Wrangler said:
I'm in the pool right now, and it's my understanding that it's 30 on/off. A-300s are the only a/c on the property right now, with 747-200s on the way -- two for sure, with a possibility of six to eight. L-1011 was retired this past Jan/Feb; the company is privately held, has been in business for around 30 years, and started out flying bolts of fabric from NC mills to Wrangler Jean factories in South/Central America. I think most guys are based at the old AF Base in Puerto Rico, with some based in the Far East (China).

I don't know anyone there personally, but I do know that the folks in the office could't be nicer and that the Chief Pilot is a pleasant guy. It's a really small company, with lots of folks in the office wearing several different hats. They don't have a collective bargaining agreement, and there are about 110 on the seniority list right now.

If anyone else in the pool, or any TradeWinds guys could PM me, I'd really appreciate it.

In the pool too....best thing is just sit tight and see where this goes. Everyone must understand that this is a SMALL company....it's not FedEx, UPS, or even Polar.....it's a small LLC (that's a limited liability company) that has secured contracts overseas.
They are looking for HEAVY time with International experience. 747 experience a plus.
Hope that helps...

I think they have a couple A300s on wet lease to Macau Air Cargo---near Hong Kong. (the gambling mecca of Macau)

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I think they have a couple A300s on wet lease to Macau Air Cargo---near Hong Kong. (the gambling mecca of Macau)

Bye Bye--General Lee
That they do.... I believe the 2 routes are Taipei-Macau and Macau-Shanghai

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back