Toledo Traffic Watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

usairpit

Have info on traffic watch job in Toledo, Ohio. Two shifts a day, 5 days a week, want close to 500 tt. Info is about 3 weeks old, but at time sounded like they were having a hard time filling spot. PM if interested.

how is flying 2 shifts hard? That would be about 4-5 hours/day at an average of just over 2 hour shift which are common to most traffic operations. Is Toledo diff? How long are the shifts? Just asking, not starting anything.

Sounds very similar to the one I flew in OMA. I showed my girlfriend the plane and she proceeded to yell at me for showing her such a piece of crap airplane, now she was stuck worrying about me. They contracted several cities all over the country.

It was a C152 with bare minimums for VFR flying. The previous guy quit because they kept putting off the MX. You flew with a guy in the morning, then alone in the afternoon. The headset was split - one ear was ATC, the other ear was company telling you where to go. You had two different push to talk buttons, one for each of them... all while flying solo. It wasn't impossible, but with the shoddy mx, $10 an hour, lack of turn coordinator/ADF/VOR it was a bit sketchy at best.

With that said, it was an easy timebuilder, so take it for what it is and move on.

The company was based in Kansas I think, can't recall the exact name.

Its not hard flying but when theres only one pilot and trying to schedule other things than flying its hard but its a great time builder, i fly about 3 hours a day. I should of clairified what i meant by saying hard was. We did have two pilots one for the morning (me) and one for the afternoon but he found a different job and i took over the afternoon shift.

Any traffic jobs around IN or KY? I know there used to be a guy for clear channel that flew around in a 152 (I think I remember him referring to it on the radio) in Louisville.

Latest resources

Back