Tips for pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BoeingBaller

Wouldn't it be nice if we recieved tips to split among the crew. Just $5 a passenger would be great it would relieve alot of bad taste of the pay cuts. Customer service would go though the roof . When you order a pizza you tip the driver,charter a fishing boat you tip the crew,take a cab,van drivers(most of us). Why in the hell do you not tip your pilots??? Think of all the tax free money you could have.

Actually I think it would be nice if we tipped less people, not more.

What's up with that cup on the Subway sandwich counter? The Starbucks counter?

Even if you are flying a CRJ and each pax averages a $1 tip and you flew 4 legs a day with a 60% load factor that would be $40 per crew member per day. Not too shabby. If the average tip was $5 and you flew 15 days per month... cha ching, an extra $36,000 a year per crew member.

People would start bidding to work around the holidays and bid for the routes with the highest load factor.

last xmas, my neighbor and I were standing in his garage talking when the mailman drove by delivering mail. My neighbor runs out there and hands him an envelope containing a tip. Supposedly there is a list of people who you should tip. Whatever.

I tip for a good haircut and when I'm dining out, I always tip the server. They work mainly for tips. I just can't justify tipping people who receive a paycheck already. My neighbor said you should also tip your homeowner's association Manager. What the?? Those idiots take over $50 a month of my money only to mail me a silly neighborhood newsletter and don't do much of anything else.

My brother is a firefighter and people all the time try to give him tips...just for doing his job. I would hate to be trapped in a burning building knowing that my firefighter might work a little harder in getting me out if they knew I had a large tip waiting for them. I only tip people who clearly work for tips alone.

Latest resources

Back