Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LAMESAUCE

THAT NO COOKIE
who in their right mind is accepting flight instructor jobs at private aviation universities for NINE DOLLARS AN HOUR? that is just disgusting. yeah, i know you want to get your time, but how about we raise the bar? if you're going to be a professional flight instructor, then how about we accept only professional wages?

</rant>

I agree with what you're saying, but it's all about supply and demand. As long as people are willing to jump for the jobs, the wage will only go lower. In truth though: nine dollars an hour flying is better than nine as a waiter while holding out for a higher paying flying job.

lol who is paying $9/hour? I make more than double that. That's the lowest i've ever heard of. Sounds like one of those pilot factory gigs.

Folks, you can build your time without going THAT far in the gutter.

Hi!

I met a guy about 2 years ago who was getting $5/hour. He did it because he needed the ME time.

cliff
YIP

lol who is paying $9/hour? I make more than double that. That's the lowest i've ever heard of. Sounds like one of those pilot factory gigs.

Folks, you can build your time without going THAT far in the gutter.

Part-time instructors at the U of I were considered "student workers" by the University and paid as TA's. That meant $5.25/credit hour. That was back when I was there ~2002ish, it might have changed now, but I doubt it.

Well hopefully as the regionals start sucking up more and more CFIs the flight schools will consider paying a bit better to keep them around longer.

but i doubt it.

g

Well hopefully as the regionals start sucking up more and more CFIs the flight schools will consider paying a bit better to keep them around longer.

but i doubt it.

g

When I think of what the regionals are offering for starting pay, it seems to me these CFI's are taking a paycut from $9/hr to put on epaulettes. :puke:

When I think of what the regionals are offering for starting pay, it seems to me these CFI's are taking a paycut from $9/hr to put on epaulettes. :puke:

Shiny Jet Syndrome... it's a dangerous thing.

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,24/Itemid,85.html

But the reality of it is, you don't work 7 days/week as an airline pilot to earn your paycheck. Easy to get burned out on the instructing gig sometimes and I sure as hell wouldn't be doing it for $9/hour.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back