Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skippy767

Speacial K
Could someone post the entire payscale for the current Captain and FO scale??
How long is the seatlock?
When you hold 7/7 do you ever work 14 straight?
How much vacation first year second year?
Average age of pilots?
What is the worst part of the job?
How long have you had to wait to hold different equipment?

Thanks for all the netjets pilots taht are willing to offer true perspective

1- f/o about 27k, capt about 35k year 1
2- 2yrs
3- no. however, during a quarter changeover seam you could bid a 7 day tour ending the last day of the month and another 7 day tour starting on the 1st (14 in a row). if this happens, you automatically get the first three days of the quarter off - 3 off after 6 or more on.
4- 2 weeks to yr 5, then 3 to yr 10 and 4 after yr 10
5- no idea - probably 35-45 range?
6- 7 days on
7- a month or two but i'm #23 so that question isn't really relevant to me.

I've been at Nutjets for two years and DON'T expect to upgrade for at least another year.

If you are thinking of joining here remember that you will NOT get bypass pay, those days are long gone. You will be an FO on FO pay for years. FO pay here will still be barely livable even if or when we get a new contract. It will not support a family.

Oh yeah you will probably have to move to one of 5 beautiful cities, AHHHHHHHHH I love the smell of Newark in the morning, it reminds me of Nutjets.

And this is the best part, wiping up the dried urine from aroud the toilet because the rich guy in back can't aim for the hole. I love telling the family that one. Actually, the pay is quite good for a bathroom attendent I should'nt complain.

This isn't sour grapes, okay some sour grapes, but I am just telling you how it is. If this is your first aviation job you will probably love it. If you are furloughed from a major or from a good corporate job you may not like as much.

Last edited:
m80driver! FINALLY, someone besides me has the balls to tell it like it is at NJA. Especially as an FO.

Let me add this little tid-bit for those considering joining this FINE operation...

The days of captain by-pass pay are indeed over. The word from our MEC is those FO's currently on captain/by-pass pay will be grand fathered in the new contract. However, each FO on by pass pay will have to have a standing bid for captain. As each captain bid comes out, these FO's will be awarded captain in seniority order. If they decline, they revert to FO pay.

Now, given there are appx 600 FO's on Captain pay, and NJI staffs each aircraft around 3 crews per aircraft, that means NJA will need to take delivery of appx. 200 aircraft to bring all these FO's into the left seat.

At an OPTOPMISTIC 3 aircraft per month, thats 66 months or, 5.5 YEARS before I get a chance at upgrade. That will be 7.5 years as an FO for me.

So, Come on over! If you enjoy loading bags, cleaning up after rich people, wiping the lav and getting to fly the plane when there is nobody onboard...NJA is for you!

And YES, I am trying to find another job...

Well, my last post got me pretty wound up so I went back and checked the latest seniority list. It shows 499 FO's at NJA. Appx 50 fo those are FO's on FO pay. The rest are on captain pay.

Soooo, the revised numbers from my last, Incorrect post, are,

449 FO's, @3 per new aircraft equals 149 new aircraft. If deliveries average 3 per month, thats just over 4 years untill upgrade gets to me. There are Appx 45 FO's junior to me.

This should give anyone considering NJA an idea of the upgrade time in the future.

Nightmare67 said:
However, each FO on by pass pay will have to have a standing bid for captain. As each captain bid comes out, these FO's will be awarded captain in seniority order. If they decline, they revert to FO pay.
Do they have to have a standing bid for Captain on any aircraft, the aircraft that they currently fly, or does it mean they will just be awarded whatever Captain slot comes available when their seniority number is up - regardless of airframe? If it's any aircraft, somebody could put in a bid for BBJ Captain and never get it, so theoretically be at Captain pay forever as an FO. If it's for the airframe they are currently in, it could be a long time as an FO at Captain pay for the guys that are in the planes that are senior on the Captain side.

Not sure of the specifics as to how that will work. It sounds like we are going to have some type of pay by weight/tier system. That will result in a large re-shuffle when high seniority Ultra or excell captains will bid bigger aircraft for the higher pay. Theres no reason to stay since we will all have 7&7 if you want it. With the standing bid, you will get the award you can hold with your seniority.

Poit is, as long as these FO's are bidding to upgrade, they will continue to receive bypass pay.

This is all my interpretation of this mess. Could/probably be wrong.

Griz said:
Might want to check your sources. PBW/Tiered Pay is dead last I heard.
Hope your right...I am for PBS. We'll see.

You think we will see a TA by sun?

By the way Griz, I read your posts on our union site and you usually have a good read on things, what do you think of my assesment of the upgrade situation?

Latest resources

Back