Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The real reason for the high cost of fuel.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
*cough cough*
Has anyone here lately checked how many billions of dollars oil companies like BP, Shell, and ExxonMobil are making? Billions...
I'll type it again: B I L L I O N S
This has nothing to do with leftist tree huggers or Hillary Clinton supporting lawyers. It actually, at least directly, has nothing to do with Bush either. It is all about oil companies making money for themselves and their stockholders. Think about how cheap our gas would be if the companies would only be earning a profit of five million dollars instead of 5 billion. Food for thought and, oh yeah, nothing we can do about it.

One word -

CHINA

Look at steel prices? China is undergoing an industrial revolution. They don't care what oil costs, they are happy to get as much as they can.

If you owned an oil feild, would you sell to the highest bidder?

Mark

Bart Simpson said:
Has anyone here lately checked how many billions of dollars oil companies like BP, Shell, and ExxonMobil are making? Billions...
I'll type it again: B I L L I O N S
This has nothing to do with leftist tree huggers or Hillary Clinton supporting lawyers. It actually, at least directly, has nothing to do with Bush either. It is all about oil companies making money for themselves and their stockholders. Think about how cheap our gas would be if the companies would only be earning a profit of five million dollars instead of 5 billion. Food for thought and, oh yeah, nothing we can do about it.
At 150 billion gallons of gasoline per year used in the U.S. (SWAG) they're looking at a pretty small margin per gallon.

I'm surprised it took all the way to page 3 of this thread for someone to say it!

vetteracer is right: China.

Also, to that I'd like to add: the war.

Think about how much of the oil that is available is going to those two, China and the war.

That's just my 0.03 cents (adjusted for inflation).

gern_blanston said:
At 150 billion gallons of gasoline per year used in the U.S. (SWAG) they're looking at a pretty small margin per gallon.

Yeah, but these same people think that oil companies should not be allowed to make a profit. I dont think the percent margin is all that high, if it was, there would be still room for prices to come down thru competion.

Its not the job of the president to give us cheap oil either, but then some people seem to think somehow Bush has some magical power to lower the price of oil, which it is a worldwide commodity.

But then those same types claim Bush sent us to Iraq for cheap oil, now they say the high prices are meant to help oil companies. That clever Bush, he must have a plan for everything...haha

Our oil consumption is our fault more than any elses. I mean what do they want Bush to do? Nuke China and India? Or is Bush supposed to go to the UN and demand India and China cant have cars?

And actually those who are the most against domestic oil production are the ones helping keep oil high and helping OPEC, not those who want increased domestic production and exploration.

Latest resources

Back