Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
70 series to.

Probobly ex Enemy.

That 747 certainly has seen its better days, then then again so has UAL.

On Monday I'm supposed to co-pilot a Lear 25 down to Missouri where it'll be parted out. Never flown a Lear before, I guess this is the lowest time Lear 25 to go down for parts. Should be interesting. I guess if we don't "grease" the landing it won't matter too much! Always wanted to fly one of the older Lear series, I'd been told that's as close to flying a fighter as I will get as a civvie. Interesting to do it under these circumstances.

Anybody else fly airplanes for their final flights?

coolyokeluke said:
On Monday I'm supposed to co-pilot a Lear 25 down to Missouri where it'll be parted out. Never flown a Lear before, I guess this is the lowest time Lear 25 to go down for parts. Should be interesting. I guess if we don't "grease" the landing it won't matter too much! Always wanted to fly one of the older Lear series, I'd been told that's as close to flying a fighter as I will get as a civvie. Interesting to do it under these circumstances.

Anybody else fly airplanes for their final flights?

Don't you have to know the systems and have 3 takeoffs and landings in order to serve as sic on that airplane. Maybe Im wrong.

Under 61.55 B you have to have to become familiar with the systems, performance, operations, placards, etc. You also have to have 3 takeoffs and landings, CRM, engine out. However, under F for the purpose of meeting the takeoff/landing requirements a person may serve as SIC provided it's a daytime flight and no passengers or cargo is carried.

I went through Lear ground school at one point when they were going to make me a right seat guy in it and I guess I'm going to be meeting the 3 takeoff/landing requirements.

What's the plane that is to the right of the 747 and behind the SunWorld plane? It looks small enough to be a RC plane.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back