Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probation

So if the pilots at Flight Options did vote to let the union in, wouldn't all of them be unrepresented for the first year? and they would still be paying dues....Or am I thinking about this wrong....

Probation time is a company determined or set time. Most companies run 12 to 15 months. The union agrees with the company and gives them more latitude in terminating a pilot while on probation.

Not sure, what the probation period is at FLOPS. If there is no probation then it would be set at 12 months. Not sure, what the union would do but I would guess that all would be covered members with the approval of the union. If this is not true then I am sure that all over 12 months with FLOPS would be full members with the others as apprentice members ( on probation) until they had completed 12 months with “FLOPS.”

Guess anything is possible, but the probation clock generally starts on the first day of employment, not the day a contract is signed. At netjets, all pilots are represented by the union regardless of probationary status. If any contract requirement (such as schedule, special pay provisions, vacation, etc.) is violated by the company, the union will take appropriate action without regard to probationary status. However, since pilots on probation are considered "at will", the union has no power to stop a suspension or termination.

Latest resources

Back