• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
Rumors Rumors Rumors!!!!

I hear that Air Wisconsin's flying for AirTran out of Atlanta will bare either the call sign "Tangerine" or "Baby Citrus"

JR, that's for you bro!!

In all seriousness, the growth for you guys will be awesome, CONGRATS!! and here's to a quicker upgrade :D

I'm guessing our callsign will be "Wisconsin" since we are the exact same airline whether we flying an Airtran colored airplane or a UEX.

Yeah, now that I think about it, your probably right. I think my previous post was intended to be a joke! :rolleyes:

November Atlanta flying is TDY from Chicago and maybe Denver. (I saw it on the ORD lines, but didn't look at Denver yet) December will be done by Atlanta based crews.

As mentioned before, the only difference now between the two groups of flying is the color of the aircraft. I've heard it a couple times as "blue" (United) and "green" (AirTran) sides of the operation.

S.

How will this new flying affect the growth at AWAC? I haven't seen any revised fleet size numbers yet.

AirTran JetConnect means an additional 10 RJ's for AirWis. The hiring projection of 140 or so this year and 300-400 for next year included staffing for JetConnect.

This is always subject to change.

S.

Hey Beech,
Being a new hire, they did'nt mention during the interview about the Airtran deal. Funny, one week later after my interview the news release came out. Do you think the 140 people includes the Airtran deal or will it be more..... now that its official. Just curious as this might mean a shorter reserve time as originally expected. BTW thanks for the help earlier on the input about Airwiskey. It helped me alot on getting off my @$$ and sending the app in. Thanks alot!!!!!
Jimbo

No sweat! Glad to help.

We were told that the hiring projection I mentioned earlier, 140 or so this year, 300-400 next year included AirTran. Company told training to plan for that before the JetConnect announcement.... they just didn't mention that not all those pilots would fly the blue airplanes.

Lemme know what you got. I hear some folks went to the RJ in Chicago. Is that a sign that it's going junior again!? I don't know.... hmmmmm......

S.

Latest resources

Back