• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does the company notify you on your last day off currently?
Currently we are not obligated to be contactable until 1201am on our first duty day. In practice the company might call anytime in the afternoon or evening the day before to give you a brief. If you don't answer the phone they leave a message asking you to call back. As long as you call back by 1201am all is good.

They probably page people too but my pager doesn't work at home so I don't know about that.

Being contactable starting at 2pm on the last day off would be a big step backwards. Lots of personal activities would become impossible.

To a certain extent a change is necessary to accomodate 91k. I thought it would be more along the lines of the BBJ LOU. (those guys have some different rules) They contact the company anytime between 12 and 2pm on their last day off to get a brief. Thats a much better system for the pilots because they only need to be by a phone for a few minutes to make one call, not for hours waiting for one that might not even come.

I guess the company fought against implementing this for everyone because its too hard to know what to do with people by noon... can't plan that far in advance!

Further... it will be interesting to see the final number of counted votes. I know that the last seniority list I found a couple of weeks ago had the number up to 1937 pilots with the most junior date of hire being October 11. If the outcome is a close one than those in good standing could have made a difference one way or another.

Frontier,

Yours may be a unique situation already being a Teamster but most new hires have their Teamster initiation fee taken out over a 3 month period. Until that is paid in full, they are ineligible to vote. As I said, your situation is probably different.

On the MEC election, it was just cancelled due to voting irregularities. You might want to contact Local 284 to ensure that if you are a Teamster in good standing that your vote does count.

And if you do get to vote, remember that the current MEC brought this crappy TA forward and is as cozy as can be with Harold Powell and 284. For things to change, a new MEC is the first step. Ditching 284 is the next.

For things to change.... Netjets pilots may have to take Louisville Sluggers up to CMH Teamsters Local!

Baseball Bats >> Thats the teamsters Way

Latest resources

Back