TA questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DIVERDOWN

I hope you all get a contract that you can live with. I have been with a blue and white competitor for just over 7 years. I have many friends that work for NJ. We usually don't talk shop so I have a few questions. What would your first and seventh year captain pay be under the new TA? Is that based on a 7/7 schedule? Is that pay according to time with the company or seat?

Does equipment play a factor? What year and amount does it cap off? Thanks for the comparisons.

Last edited:
DIVERDOWN said:
Does equipment play a factor? What year and amount does it cap off? Thanks for the comparisons.
I think the first 450 seniority numbers Cap at $117,500. The next 200 or so Cap at $92K... and the 1200 junior on the seniority list cap at 81K.... Takes to year 10 to reach the 81K. YEAH.

Does not matter what airframe you fly this is a seniority scale only...

Last edited:
Good Luck. It seems you probably have other TA issues of equal or greater priority to deal with. I don't understand why the cap changes with where you fall on the seniority list. How does the company notify you on your last day off currently? I read somewhere that they can get you home by 3am on your first day off without additional compensation. That is not good!

Does anyone know a ball park figure of when the results will be posted? I know everyones vote is due in day after tomarrow, I just don't know what the local said about how long it should take to count the votes.

FrontierFan,

The ballots are due at 5:00pm on Friday, 29th and I believe counting will start at 5:00pm as well.

The counting is a very time consuming process. First all the ballots have to be validated; On the envelope is your name, address and audit number. After thats validated, the envelope is opened and the "secret envelope" that holds the ballot it put into a ballot box. After going through 1800 of those then the ballot envelopes are opened, counted and re-counted.

As of 10-25 there were 1714 ballot in and I'm sure that will climb to 1750 or so by the 29th. (By the way, if 1800 ballots are sent in, that will be 97% return....people are very motivated).

I wouldn't expect any "official" word until Saturday but I expect some info will be leaked by 10pm from some observers of the count.

Thanks for the info! There would be a lot more votes to count if the local would have honored the "good standing policy". I am a new hire (September 7) and there are a lot of new folks, including myself, who are coming from other Teamster locals. We all wanted to vote but were told that because the ballots were sent out than we would not be receiving a ballot regardless of our standing. I understand about the logistical issues with getting ballots out to new folks but there were a lot of us who chose to come to NJA now so that we could have our votes count. Is there anything in writing that specifically says that the only members who can vote are those in good standing BEFORE THE BALLOTS ARE SENT?

I may be wrong but it doesn’t seem right. I guess we will all just have to see what happens.

Allot of us went to sim first and did not have our union brief until the second week of indoc weeks after our “start date”. That was when we were told that we were in good standing but would not get to vote because the ballots had already been sent. It would have been nice if the local would have known that there were many that would have hire dates weeks before they were scheduled to come in to talk to us.

Latest resources

Back