08 111.54 73.61
07 110.27 72.78
06 109.04 71.96
05 107.68 69.99
04 106.50 63.90
03 105.25 57.88
02 103.98 51.99
01 82.00 37.50

Take a look at those rates. They are for B737 pilots at ATA Airlines. The airline that is currently flying SWA passengers to several destinations around the country including Hawaii.

We are in negotiations with the company for a long term pilot contract. The company wants even lower rates than those above, and to eliminate what remains of our "B" fund. They refuse to compromise on their demands, and promise to take us to court again if we don't reach an agreement by August 10, or vote down any TA.

So congratulations to the pilots of SWA for their pay raises. I only hope that you are at least a little concerned that the pilots of ATA are flying your pax for substantially less money than you. I'm afraid that your management will point to our rates when it comes time for your next contact negotiations.

I don't expect you to fight our battle with management. The last concession package at ATA passed by only a couple of percentage points. Perhaps ATA pilots are finally going to take a stand, and give your management less ammunition for the future.

Or...thank god we are hauling SWA passengers that normally wouldn't have flown our airline. There are two sides to that coin. You are better off by the code-share also. Maybe have a job because of the agreement. Actually, probably have a job because of the agreement.

Code Share Clarification

A previous post stated this:
I only hope that you are at least a little concerned that the pilots of ATA are flying your pax for substantially less money than you.

I believe the code share is written that SWA receives no money from a passenger unless he/she flies on a SWA aircraft, the same goes for ATA. So whenever a passenger is on an ATA aircraft that passenger's money is going only to ATA & not to SWA...he/she may connect to a SWA aircraft & vice versa...at that point then SWA will make money off the passenger. It is not the typical "code-share" that has been done in the past.

SWA does benefit by showing more destinations for "SWA" passengers to connect to but as soon as they leave the SWA aircraft & get on board the revenue that is attributable to that flight being flown by ATA becomes the "money" of ATA not SWA....it works both ways for each company to benefit I believe....the ATA website shows more destinations & so does SWA.

As to the contention that the negotiations are not going well I have no other information than what others have posted on here....I hope things improve from ATA & SWA's sake....if ATA comes out of bankruptcy & issues stock SWA will greatly benefit but only if ATA is successful. Yes if things go south there are gates to be had in return for the failure to repay the debts but I would think anyone would expect a company that loans money to another to have a fall back plan in case things go south.

Not wishing to hijack the thread, my apologies & more importantly good luck to the pilots at ATA & their negotiations....I wish them nothing but great success. My apologies if my post comes off as anything other than a clarification to the code share confusion that some may have between SWA & ATA.

TexaSWA,

You one funny MF'r, I blew Pepsi out my nose on that one!

I hope we get to keep the raise and the "Productivity Meetings" are fruitful, but thats just me being a Bolshivic (inside joke, the SWA guys will know).

TriStar_drvr said:
Yr CA FO

07 110.27 72.78
06 109.04 71.96
05 107.68 69.99
04 106.50 63.90
03 105.25 57.88
02 103.98 51.99
01 82.00 37.50

Take a look at those rates. They are for B737 pilots at ATA Airlines. The airline that is currently flying SWA passengers to several destinations around the country including Hawaii.

We are in negotiations with the company for a long term pilot contract. The company wants even lower rates than those above, and to eliminate what remains of our "B" fund. They refuse to compromise on their demands, and promise to take us to court again if we don't reach an agreement by August 10, or vote down any TA.

So congratulations to the pilots of SWA for their pay raises. I only hope that you are at least a little concerned that the pilots of ATA are flying your pax for substantially less money than you. I'm afraid that your management will point to our rates when it comes time for your next contact negotiations.

You are getting raked over the coals. Anything but a temporary low wage like that should scare all of us, especially SWA pilots. Tague did a number on you guys with expensive leases and promising you the world.

May your pain be temporary.

My pain would be next to nothing if a favorable outcome to my 7/19 SWA interview comes to pass.

HalinTexas said:
My pain would be next to nothing if a favorable outcome to my 7/19 SWA interview comes to pass.

Third time's the charm, eh Hal?

Good luck, you are senior to me. One less person to re-upgrade to captain before I can re-upgrade. I can't wait to sling gear for these FE/FOs!!!!!

Latest resources

Back