SWA hiring rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAnnabee

Looking for any current news, rumors, etc on the current hiring at SWA. Assuming you get an interview, what are the % successful hires? I heard that the last couple of hiring cycles did not yeild as many new hires as expected. Also heard that the number of required new pilots for this year has increased. Any word on if the upcomming hiring/interview process will yield better ratios of hires to "please try again"? ANy info welcome.

Swa

Bozt45 USMC,

I'm sure Chase and SWAFO will precisely clarify the situation as they know it from the inside. Here is the best knowledge I have for you:

From what I've seen and heard from a couple SWA friends, the 24 per class/every 2 weeks will continue for quite some time. Scuttlebutt has it that there are approximately 5000 applications on file/1000 with unrestricted B-737 type ratings. That comes from several different unrelated sources.

Also, originally there were to be 396 new FO's for this year with the net gain of 30 B-737-7H4's (47 new 7H4's replacing 17 old 200's). I'm not absolutely sure, but I had read somewhere that SWA has increased the number of 7H4's this year to a net gain of 41 aircraft or 600 new FO's. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG SOMEONE PLEASE. I may have read that in the WSJ....perhaps elsewhere???

That is about the best I can do for you Marine. Chase or SWAFO please jump in and enlighten us all.

Semper Fi,
P3 Tweek USN

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back