• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MLBWINGBORN

Freedom Fighter
Hey guys and gals..

I have gotten a number of PMs with regard to the flash/study cards that seem to be the best or better said the most often used..
A SWA Captain John Pansmith puts out what are by far the best cards I have seen for the money..He puts alot of time and effort into the cards and keeps them updated..

The cost is $40 plus $5 for shipping and handling and he works off of the honor system..You contact him and the cards are on the way and he sends an envelope with them to return a check..

His company name is PASS..

1801 W.Wisteria Drive
Chandler,AZ 85248

Phone 480-963-6399
[email protected]

As I have stated in the past, I have used many other cards but have found his to be overall the best ive seen and most people I talk with seem to agree..

I'll second that....

I just got the PASS cards in the mail on Monday, and they are good ones. There are so many, you could make up a 737 Trivial Pursuit game out of them.

I also got a copy of the "737 Cockpit Companion" by Bill Bulfer. Now this is a good reference book. It's like reading a Steven King novel since it scares the crap out of me (all the stuff I've forgotten in the last 14 months - or never knew to begin with).

I'd recommend both of these study guides to any poolie looking for some good reference material.

Bill's book is $35.00 + $4.00 shipping, and can be found on his web-site, www.fmcguide.com. He also sells a user guide for the 737 FMC.

Study hard guys!

Coop
;)

Thanks Mike, just emailed John.

Coop, you sold me on the book too, that thing looks like a winner. Got that thing coming too.

Time to dust off the ole cobwebs on the 737 stuff!!!

Fingers crossed for March......

LearAv8r-

I've said it before, but I'll say it again... just study the boxed & checked items (boxed = boldface procedures, checked = memory ops limits), and don't get lost in the minutia! The PASS cards are good, I used them for both initial training & my off-probation PC, and I recommend them... BUT in the interest of covering every light in the cockpit, some of them are along the lines of "Q: What does the 'FLUX CAPACITOR OFF' light indicate? A: the flux capacitor is not activated." There's no magic there, & I can't imagine that anybody would ask you that on an oral. Some of the systems cards go to a level that's deeper than you really need to worry about, also. You'll see in class where your effort can be best spent; for now, look at boxed & check items & you'll be fine!

Bill Bulfer's books are excellent, but I wouldn't recommend either the systems book or the FMC book until you're been on the line for a while. Neither is an "introductory level" book by a long shot, and there really is no need to scare yourself getting ready for class!

Looking forward to seeing you guys on the seniority list!

Snoopy

To second Snoops post its even easier than that..

What you really need to have down are the solid red tabbed cards,the red hashed tabbed cards,and the green hashed tabbed cards..Everything else is just good to know but not needed..

Thats about all you need to worry about before going to the school house..
You will have plenty of time to get the rest done after you get there..And trust me when I say they will make it very clear from day one what you will need to know in order to pass the ride..

Welcome aboard and remember that you all are going to be junior to me forever!!

Mike

...and 'ya know what?!? I'm O.K. with that!
Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks for more sound advice for the poolies Mike.

Shav'r

Mike,

I am 137 on the poolie list and according to LL, I am 9 classes out from being Junior to you. Cant wait!!!!

see you guys on the line or in Dallas.

aj:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back