• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Calls or Letters?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the guys that got the letters, I feel for you! I disagree with the statement that once you get the interview, "it is yours to lose." SWA is a great place to work but it is ruthless in its acceptance rate. Many, many good folks have not made it through. I did make it, but know that on another day, with another interviewer I may not have. Welcome aboard to those that got picked and keep the faith for those that didn't!

You gotta be happy flying 6 legs domestic... they know this. hahahaha
I keed I keed

Checking the references is a good sign, but no guarantee. I had my refs all checked out back when I interviewed in 2006 and I fell out at the Decision Board and got the letter in the mail. Heard from a friend who knew a chief pilot that it was because while I was technically current, I wasn't flying for a living. I was working in real estate.

No Thank you emails

I noticed that there were a few guys that didn't even get to interview and got an email thanking them for there app.

A friend of my got the same email and I thought that it was strange since he was very well qualified (Military, check and instructor pilot with jet time 2500+ hours).

Why wouldn't some get the interview? Is that a normal practice for SWA to not bring people in for interviews? I thought they would just keep the application online until that person met the mins.

Any thoughts out there?

That is obviously something new they are doing. When I first applied (via paper application in the mail) they would send a letter saying they had received your application and if you met the requirements you would be scheduled to interview. Then they stopped hiring for a few years. When they went electronic in early 2004, I never got any kind of e-mail until I eventually got a phone call for an interview date in 2006, after 3 years of updating my online application.

I noticed that there were a few guys that didn't even get to interview and got an email thanking them for there app.

A friend of my got the same email and I thought that it was strange since he was very well qualified (Military, check and instructor pilot with jet time 2500+ hours).

Why wouldn't some get the interview? Is that a normal practice for SWA to not bring people in for interviews? I thought they would just keep the application online until that person met the mins.

Any thoughts out there?

8000 applications and only a couple hundred positions to fill. SWA isn't going to keep guys applications on file and "wait for them to get the mins.". SWA is the most sought after job in aviation today and as such the competition is stiff. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back