SWA/Airtran new deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah right!

The SWAPA pilots were voting yes because they were threatened with an arbitrated SLI if they did not vote yes.

The AAI pilots were voting yes because they were threatened with losing their jobs if they did not vote yes.

Which threat strips away the most negotiating leverage? The latter I think.

Pretty accurate i'd say

Max, to be clear, you're saying you wish you had the old job back, complete w/ your old mgmt, old payscales, alpa, and all the same battles you were steeling up for (strike fund, etc)?

True? Yes or no?

Yeah right!

Max,

I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is 80 percent of both pilot groups voted FOR the agreement. That qualifies as a landslide in anyone's book. Regardless of the reasons, the group has spoken.

Let's hope the buyer's remorse isn't too bad.

Looking forward to working with all of you, and not spending our future rehashing our past.

(Go Steelers!)

Yeah right!

The SWAPA pilots were voting yes because they were threatened with an arbitrated SLI if they did not vote yes.

The AAI pilots were voting yes because they were threatened with losing their jobs if they did not vote yes.

The above seems to be the most accurate summation of the resultant vote. I would offer a rebuttal but I suspect we are dealing with ringers from the SW corner. The same writers over and over with the same rationalizations. I have to wonder if these people are professionals employed in much the same sense that political parties use lobbyist to sell any dirty bill of goods. Now since Kelly has devoted so much political capitol to move SW in this particular direction, how tough will he and the Dallas mafia be on any perceived mal- contents.

Yeah right!

Max I hate to say this but I have to agree with you. Because of the B/M law and the way arbitrators seem to always rule SWAPA had no leverage thus had nothing to be stripped away.

As someone who will lose global bidding seniority monthly in the SWA system for at least 3 years and will get pushed out of my domicile back to a long commute to the West Coast I really don't care to hear you complain.

The implementation happens well for everyone except the SWA pilots hired in 2008 and after. We get all the pain to make it OK for everyone else.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back