Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

labbats

Zulu who?
This is the first I've seen of this website. It certainly surprised me on a lot of payscales. Seems that a lot of what I thought was wrong. Interesting. I like how they added last captain upgrade and 401K matching too.

http://www.airlinepilotpay.com

surprised at what? Heck, auto workers don't even make 24.00 an hour to start...hot diggity dawg! Where do I sign up?

I'm surprised at all the BS that I've heard from all the different sources. The black and white breakdown is not what I expected. In some ways worse, in some ways better. Just surprising to see how different companies stack up.

FN FAL said:
surprised at what? Heck, auto workers don't even make 24.00 an hour to start...hot diggity dawg! Where do I sign up?

Remember that while auto workers get paid for eight hours a day, airline pilots are usually guaranteed between 65 and 80 hours a month. That's only 2 or 3 hours a day for a reservist.

Most of the companies' reserve guarantees are listed. Multiply that by the pay rate to get the pay per month.

EagleRJ said:
Remember that while auto workers get paid for eight hours a day, airline pilots are usually guaranteed between 65 and 80 hours a month. That's only 2 or 3 hours a day for a reservist.

Most of the companies' reserve guarantees are listed. Multiply that by the pay rate to get the pay per month.
Yea, I was being facetious...I got about 10 paycheck stubs from XJ a while back.

I did an analysis of my current job v. staying at Mesaba for a career. Figuring on about a 7 year CA upgrade into the SAAB, my current pay stays neck and neck with a career track at Mesaba, almost all the way through max t-prop captain pay.

I factored in that Mesaba pay at 75 hours a month minimums. Although towards the end (we max out at 55K a year at 15 years) I'll make a few dollars a year less than a 75 hour Saab t-prop captain, I'll more than make up for it on the front end (my starting pay was 32,750 v. 16,000 a year at Mesaba).

Plus, we have .25 cents on the dollar, up to 10 percent of your gross in our 401K program. If I manage to swing ATR Captain at my place, I would see a 25% increase in overall pay, so I would surpass Mesaba t-prop captain pay. However, since we're salaried and only fly about 50 hours a month, I doubt I'd be able to match BAC 146 captain pay at Mesaba. But then again, I don't work Sundays or Holidays either.

Last edited:
FN FAL said:
...(my starting pay was 32,750 v. 16,000 a year at Mesaba).

Plus, we have .25 cents on the dollar, up to 10 percent of your gross in our 401K program. If I manage to swing ATR Captain at my place, I would see a 25% increase in overall pay...

hell...sign me up...

-mini

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back