Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jtrain ...here's some econ 101

listen,

it's real simple.... anytime a company can provide a product or service at a lower cost while maintaining no distinct difference in quality...they get the business...

i don't care if its flying, tampons,widgets or clothes, get the picture...

have you read the headlines lately about how NAFTA has caused the loss of over 200,000 textile jobs... that nice little fleece pullover you're wearing was made in mexico by a guy feeding his family, better yet, a child of ten or eleven who was told by their mother to not come home without some dinner...

you guys can't see the forest from the trees... an entire industry is in the worst condition in thirty or forty years and you want to blame little ol chatauqua and mesa.... jtrain . it's time you and others...pull your head out of your rectum!

ACA pay Scale
Pay Determination: Hourly
Aircraft & Notes Guaranteed
Pay Hours Seniority First Officer Captain
(Hr Rate or Monthly Salary)

BAe Jetstream 41
Reserve 75 line 75
1 Year $22/hr. $41/hr.
2 Years $23/hr. $43/hr.
3 Years $24/hr. $44/hr.
4 Years $26/hr. $46/hr.
5 Years $27/hr. $49

CRJ-200
Reserve/line 75
1 Year $22/hr. $56/hr.
2 Years $35/hr. $58/hr.
3 Years $36/hr. $60/hr.
4 Years $37/hr. $62/hr.
5 Years $38/hr. $64/hr.

Fairchild Dornier 328JE
1 Year $22/hr. $47/hr.
2 Years $25/hr. $48/hr.
3 Years $27/hr. $50/hr.
4 Years $28/hr. $52/hr.
5 Years $29/hr. $54/hr.

thanks othello.

CHQ 3rd year 32 FO 54 CA

Jtrain,

that equates to 4-6000 less a year than ACA.....we're working on it. However I doubt we're destroying the industry by being paid 6/hr less than you. Hope you realize that.

Delivery100,

I congratulate you, finally someone who is both rational and knows what he's talking about. I personally commend you for being so level headed.

I agree, it's the simple laws of business and economics..If a business can do the job cheaper and just as effectively then why not hire them for a job, and chautauqua isn't exactly slave labor as a few here think...

Everyone (especially a certain general over at delta) should take a page out of your book.

A Question for General Lee and Surplus 1

Before this thread degerates into a RDJC/Mainline vs Express/wholly owned vs contract/my d**k is bigger than yours type thread.....I want to ask this question(and get a totally honest and unedited answer):

What kind of deal wold it take to placate both the mainline pilots and the regional pilots. Since you both are somewhat senior captains at your respective companys I figure you could answer this. The reason why I asked this question is because this board has seen tons of threads like the example above,but no one has put forth any type of plan.....at least one that doesn't include screwing over the other pilot group. I like to think of myself as the next generation of airline pilot.....but seeing all this crap really puts a damper on living the dream!

Sierra-Hotel:

What you are beginning to realize is that a lot of airline pilots are the biggest bunch of lazy whiners and back stabbers you will ever meet. Many feel like they have no control over their destiny (they don't) and resort to complaining all the time. Flying with crew members that act that way is a real drag.

If you are an intelligent, well-educated and motivated person, flying for a living is a real lifetime earnings gamble. If you unwittingly end up at an Eastern, Braniff or United, then your career goes in the crapper just when you should be earning the most. (Or lose your medical)

This is why much of the creme de la creme of the military pilots go to business school or law school when they've satisfied their flying itch.

General Lee said:
The less 737-200's out there, the less pay for us. (757 FO's usually bid up to 737-200 Capt---which means more pay---just like you)
Okay, then what's so difficult about integrating CRJs into mainline and changing the CRJ CA rates so that a 75 FO then bids up to CRJ CA instead of 732 CA? Seems to me that's the best solution possible for all concerned--and a safer one too, as those 75 FOs are likely to have much more experience than today's CRJ capts.

CHQdude said:
Jtrain,

Remember Comair used to get paid dirt.... less than us. Times do change, and one day I might make more than YOU on that van....who knows. Then can I get on here and bitch about you ruining my precious contract???

Fact is we're just now getting bigger, at just barely over 600 pilots. We were almost unheard of on these boards 3 years ago. The bigger we get the more leverage we have in negotiations. Its all a process. Trust me we are working hard to get what is rightfully ours just like ERJpusher stated. We have some big obstacles in our way like this whole republic thing, which you can help us with. Spread the word. Republic has the potential to threaten our collective bargaining power with its alter-ego like qualities. For now call us what you want I personally dont care. Chit-taco, Chit-talk-qua, whatever makes you happy.

The way you feel about Republic is the way we at ASA feel about you, ACA and Skywest. You exist because we do not have scope with DAL. But, give us time we are working on it.

sleepy,

I wonder how delta feels about you and your 70 seaters taking mainline routes while there are 1000 plus guys on the street.

Republic is an alter-ego carrier owned by Wexford to threaten our collective bargaining power. We are competition but we are NOT freedom or republic. Get over it.

Latest resources

Back