SUPT Package

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

When you send your package to an AFRES/ANG unit, do you need origional copies of your letters of recommendation or can you send a non-origional?

Copies are fine. They understand that the originals may be with another unit. A generic LOR won't get much attention, but it will fill the square. The letters I skim are the ones telling me how great of an Eagle Scout the candidate is. The ones that get more attention are the ones from people we know. Also, if you could make the letters unit specific that would be ideal.

Orginal's would be good, but...

The Orginals would be nice, probably a little more professional, but I think you could get away with a copy. If you are sending out a bunch of packages then I would send the orginal to my favorite and copies to the others. But if you can get orginals for all it would probably be the best option. I would just ask who ever wrote it for you to do a couple of copies for you.

my two cents, others might have better advice.

CCDiscoB,

What do you mean by "people we know"? I don't know anyone who is an officer in the armed services. I've got one from my boss, my preacher, and at least one from long-time friends. I'm probably gonna get one from a pilot friend, or my CFI saying I'm an OK stick. Will I also send a copy of my college transcript? It is less than stellar, so I would like to downplay it as much as possible. Does being married have any negative effect on a candidate? Any more info would be quite the bonus.

Last edited:
When I say friends I do mean AF officers. Similar to a pilot walking in an application to an airline. A letter from other "friends," pilots are very good too. As has been said here many times, don't worry about your grades. Tell them how busy you were doing other activities/working. As far as being married, of course not. They will ask if she minds you "traveling" (gone for long trips).

You'll love flying the C-5, you'll see the world, and not from some dusty airstrip. The C-5 only goes into large airports.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

I'm in the midst of writing a cover letter, and I'm having a little difficult time determining what to write as far as qualifications (outside of work stuff), and I have limited flight experience. Any ideas?

Latest resources

Back