Sunworld Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dinodynamite

Does anybody have any information on Sunworld out of CVG ?I am intrested in a 727 flight engineer position.Any info is appreciated.

How did you get to fly 727s with only 500 hours? Just curious.

PCL_128 said:
How did you get to fly 727s with only 500 hours? Just curious.

You don't need any time to get an engineer's cert.

On another subject...Hey PCL, when is the hearing on the rjdc? I forgot when the hearing to throw it out was supposed to be. Thanks.

The Sunworld certificate has recently been sold to a cargo outfit. Right now they are operating 1 round trip a month to keep the scheduled part 121 certificate alive. I don't know what they plan on doing with the certificate but I wouldn't think there would be any hiring going on - last I heard they were only flying the 1(one) 727 that was part of the deal only a few times a motnh. And yes I'm in a position to know - PM me if you require further info.

CL

NYRANGERS said:
On another subject...Hey PCL, when is the hearing on the rjdc? I forgot when the hearing to throw it out was supposed to be. Thanks.

The hearings were supposed to start today I believe. Of course, these things usually get drawn out for weeks or months, so we will have to wait a little while for this useless lawsuit to be disposed of.

How hard was the 727 FE ride? I've heard it can be a b*tch.

Hey PCL, how did you get the opportunity to fly an RJ at 1000 HRS in today's environment??? Who did you know to get your foot in the door like that?

PCL_128 said:
The hearings were supposed to start today I believe. Of course, these things usually get drawn out for weeks or months, so we will have to wait a little while for this useless lawsuit to be disposed of.

How hard was the 727 FE ride? I've heard it can be a b*tch.

The ride was pretty tough. I think that seat was meant to be occupied by guys with an A/P. However, like most aircraft training, you can make it (heck, I did).

Thanks for the info on the rjdc, and don't listen to the smart a$$es who seem to want to make this topic into something it is not.

Fly safe.

NYR

pcl128

It seems everybody thinks the 727 is a dead end job.I have a multi commercial and applied for a FE slot and was hired 2 months ago. There are plenty of jobs but you have to go to them.I will be eligible to upgrade to FO shortly.As far as the ride,it is tough but coming from a mechanical background helped alot.I think attitude is the most important thing though.And let me tell you,sitting sideways watching dials and playing secretary sure beats flying around in a light twin anyday.

Don't know about Sunworld and how many planes they are operating. It seems to me, that I see the Sunworld tail every couple of days operating out of Cincy. It is at the pax terminal, not the freight area.

The F/E training and ride can be tough but having mechanical aptitude and the ability to prioritize gets you through it. Done it twice. When I first got my FE ticket, I had 450 hours. I just had the Commercial license and the cash to pay for the training at Carnival Air Lines when they were operating and training for pay. Having the ticket got me a job at Express ONE Int'l with still only 450 TT. Moved up to the right seat with 1190 pilot time and 1500+ in the back seat. If you can get in the door, it is one of the better ways to go.

Dino, am surprised to see you got picked up with your time and with so many qualified people begging for jobs. good for you. Just curious who picked you up as I spent 10 months on furlough trying to get someone to hire me. Am hired now. PM me if you don't want to be deluged with people hoping to have you walk something in.

dinodynamite,

What airline is hiring FE's on 727 right now? Are they only hiring PFE's or SO's? I know Planet is looking for 727 crews but you have to live within 2 hrs of MCO.

As far as Sunworld, they may be calling back the furloughed crews they let go last July when they stopped scheduled service. Not sure how many crews or timing of callbacks.

They are operating one airplane right now, some rumor of more planes though.

hope this helps

Latest resources

Back