• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Summer of 02 is back at Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is a guy by the name of XXXXXXXXXX involved with this operation?

##########################################

ATTENTION***Please refrain from posting individual's names on the open board. This will get the board into more trouble faster than anything you could imagine. If there is a question for somone about a specific individual, please send a private email to the poster rather than put the name up on the public bulletin board. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thanks***

UAL78

##########################################

ps- there are two t's in hitting

Last edited by a moderator:
What does your union think about them wanting to fire you if you post?

Just change you board name, and then fire away at Wexford.

Good question, so I looked it up in our contract.

I will quote Article 22, paragraph G.

"The Company, the Union, and the pilots will use their best discretion when communicating information regarding the parties. Communication shall remain respectful at all times and at no time shall any party slander, defame or libel another. This includes all venues including but not limited to: the Internet, written or verbal."

So...

Since the union agreed to this contract, I imagine they wouldn't have much to say if SW's identity were to be unearthed and he/she WERE terminated on the basis of what they'd posted. I think it's fair to say that StopWex's communications thus far have been anything but respectable, and certainly meet the definition of defamation, if not necessarily slander or libel.

I believe that the company would only have to write a threatening letter to the FlightInfo board moderators and they would basically HAVE to hand over the e-mail address of Stop Wexford, if prior knowledge of these "public" forums is correct, one would think that they would already know who it is if they really wanted to know... Or by other methods, for that matter, if they were sufficiently interested. See the "Skywest Hiring" thread for another example of this.

StopWex would like you to believe that the company has actually found out who they are and has threatened them with termination, but I find that highly unlikely... Sounds like more chest-thumping, along the lines of earlier self-puffery that suggested that people were having "intelligent" discourse about company matters in the PIT crew room merely because of the inflammatory posts they'd posted earlier. Oh, please.

(edited for grammatical error!)

Last edited:
Screw the contract...look up the United States Constitution and it's Amendments. Start with the first one then you can stop. If your company fires you then DON'T go to your union for help but get a constitutional lawyer and make your case and retire. Remember your rights are protected provided you are not posting slanderous/libelous information about your company then they have full rights to cut you loose and file a lawsuit against YOU.

I believe First Amendment rights are often invoked erroneously as they have been here. In review, here is what the First Amendment to the US Constitution actually says:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Now if Congress has come after you for what you say here, that is one thing, but the employer is not bound by such constraints.

How the heck could management figure out who you are on this forum? Did you ever use your name in a posting? How could they prove you were even on the forum - did you use their computers?

It's like a lynch mob...

There are ways to figure out who ANYONE is on this forum, or any public bulletin board for that matter.

Some of those ways are legal, and some are not. Just ask any hacker how easy it is to get every bit of information about any person alive...

Speaking of which, why do you think it is that the moderator pulled a post on this very thread... One which contained a name in a less-than-flattering light? Why would they care, unless they were possibly liable for what others post?

Why were some posts pulled from other threads that contained internal documents from this company?

A different thread I posted on just plain disappeared after about six hours. SOMEONE pulled it, and it could have only been the moderator. They are concerned about being sued, and guess what, if someone did sue, they would probably have to give up the identity of the poster(s). I don't think it's too much of a stretch to think that they would give up the identity of a poster if someone, like a company for instance, threatened to sue.

And sorry, Resistance, "screw the contract" isn't a defense. I guess you'd have to have read some of StopWex's prior posts to understand the tenuous position s/he would be in if they DID figure out who it was.

This is true.

Of course, that would beg the question:

"How could management threaten to terminate you for continuing to post here if you don't WORK here?"

Latest resources

Back