stay or go??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cosmotheassman

I've got roughly 2600TT 1000multi 650jet at a small 135 fractional, possibly making captain in 6 months. To get to a major, would you stay here or go to a regional?

Only you can answer that..

Me? I would make PIC on that Hawker ASAP. One should make a min of 75K as a Hawker Captain AND you are now a jet PIC.

Whats makes you think the majors are the place to be anymore? been under a rock for the last 3 years? (kidding)...go to a regional and you can look forward to a laughable sub 20K paycheck (nice!) and be at the whim of the struggling chap 11 dip$hit operation you are feeding? nevermind the fact that you are then loggin SIC jet time - great for experience but useless when targeting major jobs.

Now, if that Hawker gig has no future (like a GV/Global) , the pay is sub NBAA, the schedule is brutal..etc...look to move on to a decent corp gig. They are hiring these days - Vietnam era guys are starting to retire...the new-hire future is very good in corporate aviation.

So basically - I would toss out that sick idea of torture at the regional airlines, become a Hawker Captain, and network around for a six-figure corporate job while waiting for your dream job (United, American, Delta..??)

just an opinion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back