Status of Flexjet - Hiring Yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Wanted to know about the status of Flexjet. Are they hiring again? What is the status of the furloughees - how many remaining? If hired, what is the MOST likely aircraft assignment (assuming the hiring resumes someday)?

They have started to recall. I would expect recalls and hiring to be slow until the first of the year. If or when they start to hire one would be put in the 45/40 or the Challenger 300.

Shows how out of the loop I've been... had no idea Flexjet had laid people off. Where are they at on the furloughs on the seniority list? Just curious what's going on at Dallas Pkwy North...

p.s. I heard Walegir retired (he hired me years ago)... any truth to that?

Lear 70,

Man you are out of touch. Flex moved from the pink palace on the ND Tollway to new digs on the GBush tollway.

Jon retired atleast a year ago, he hired me also.

Hope things are going well for you wherever you are now.

Lear70 said:
Shows how out of the loop I've been... had no idea Flexjet had laid people off. Where are they at on the furloughs on the seniority list? Just curious what's going on at Dallas Pkwy North...

They laid off 35 guys back in April... due to lack of projected growth.

BigFlyr,

Are back at Flexjet yet? If so, would they put you back into the L31 or into a L45? If you had other options (say a regional airline CRJ/ERJ job or a corporate position), would you want to return to Flexjet? If you are not back yet, have they given you an estimate on a return date?

Heavy Set said:
BigFlyr,

Are back at Flexjet yet? If so, would they put you back into the L31 or into a L45? If you had other options (say a regional airline CRJ/ERJ job or a corporate position), would you want to return to Flexjet?

No, not at Flex... Spoke to a Flex capt. yesterday at UNV and from what I've heard, they've called back 4 so far... I was towards the bottom of the 35 that got laid off. I would rather fly for a fractional operator than a regional (CRJ/ERJ) if given the choice despite the smaller airplanes plus the new 91K regs should improve life at the fracs also. Don't really know about corp. jobs other than always on the beeper which doesn't appeal to me despite the higher pay.

They are calling back in numbers now... I got called for a LR-45 class to start on Dec 1st. Said there was going to be a class of 6.
Had to turn it down though! Said they were going strictly by seniority too... Which means that at least half of the 35 furloughed (terminated) back in November have been called back.

BigFlyr,

Glad to hear Flexjet is recalling pilots. Sorry about you not being able to train yet - I hear the L45 is a great airplane... I guess you have a better offer elsewhere?

Correct... have been requalified by a previous employer and back flying a 737-800. I just hope it lasts!

Latest resources

Back