Star Alliance Screen Saver

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A1FlyBoy

I ran a search, but could not locate the prior post.

The Star Alliance Screen saver, for those of you who utilize it, my computer updated the software and now the clock and day light/night (on the map) run improperly. Downloading a fresh copy doesn't resolve the matter.

Anyone else have similiar problems? Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks

www.StarAlliance.com

I quit using it and now I can't get the damm thing off my computer. At start up it asks if I would like to update and then asks another question. This is after I supposedly removed the program from my computer. Really pisses me off. I'll admit though there's probably an easy way to get this off my computer but I'm an idiot when it comes to these things. Steer clear is my advice.

I tried installing it just to see what it was all about, but I think that it had some spyware/adware attached to it.

Plus, it doesn't want to remove itself from the computer nicely when you are done with it.

Don't use it.

Swass said:
pilotman how did you get rid of it?
I think that I went in an manually deleted each files. It's kinda a PITA, but eventually it works.

If I remember correctly, I think that it creates a folder, probably in the /Windows folder, but I'm not sure about that. It's been a while since I've done it.

msconfig

If it automatically starts when you power up the computer, then go to RUN, type in "msconfig", in the General tab, click on "selective startup". Then click on the Start tab and look for the program you want to stop from starting, click on the box so there os NO check mark. Click on apply and restart. This will work with any program you want to not look at at start up, like MSmessenger, quicktime, etc. Hope this helps.:)

Tim47SIP said:
If it automatically starts when you power up the computer, then go to RUN, type in "msconfig", in the General tab, click on "selective startup". Then click on the Start tab and look for the program you want to stop from starting, click on the box so there os NO check mark. Click on apply and restart. This will work with any program you want to not look at at start up, like MSmessenger, quicktime, etc. Hope this helps.:)
Unfortunatly, some spyware will start from registry entries, bypassing what you can see in msconfig...

atrdriver

atrdriver said:
Unfortunatly, some spyware will start from registry entries, bypassing what you can see in msconfig...

atrdriver
HijackThis is a good program for getting rid of those that aren't found by using msconfig. However, if you delete a necessary key for startup, your system is FUBAR. Only to be used by those that know what is legit and what is not legit.

Latest resources

Back