• Watchers 13

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Afixedwing said:
I'm pretty sure that whole thing (with the exception of the guy waving) was computer generated.
I doubt it. Keep in mind, VNY where this film was apparently shot is home to Clay Lacy, where they have a pretty impressive camera rig mounted in one of the Lears, they shot footage that was used in movies like Top Gun, a few James Bond films, and that one where O.J. Simpson was an astronaut and the gear got knocked off their learjet. They even have an Imax-setup there, so while some of those shots (the DC-3 landing for example) look pretty impossible, they could well be real.

Bluto said:
I doubt it. Keep in mind, VNY where this film was apparently shot is home to Clay Lacy, where they have a pretty impressive camera rig mounted in one of the Lears, they shot footage that was used in movies like Top Gun, a few James Bond films, and that one where O.J. Simpson was an astronaut and the gear got knocked off their learjet. They even have an Imax-setup there, so while some of those shots (the DC-3 landing for example) look pretty impossible, they could well be real.

Actually, I think the shot of the DC-3 landing more likely came from a camera mounted on a helicopter. I don't think a lear could keep up with a DC-3 touching down and lowering its tail without passing it.

I thought it was computer generated at first...however, a friend of mine knows the guy who was flying the A26 for the filming.

hydroflyer said:
I don't think a lear could keep up with a DC-3 touching down and lowering its tail without passing it.
I agree. I'm just saying they've got quite a bit of high-end film equipment at that airport.

Latest resources

Back