Spirit Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TCBKING

So I here that Spirit is hiring. Whats the deal with them?

Are they growing? When was their last contract agreed to? Is it a good place to work? (Happy employees for the most part) Im guessing DTW is the Junior base. Work rules.., etc etc. Any info helps. Thanks.

Spirit Airlines Presents the Spirit Stampede; Sale Fares Starting at $9 One Way

That should help the bottom line......

Spirit hiring.....

Spirit is not a Regional Airline.. Check the National/LCC board there are several posts there...

Yes, we are hiring at Spirit. It has been a super place to work considering the industry turmoil. We just received another 4 airbus over the past two months and we have financing in place for another 11 aircraft next year. We just got word of another 10 destinations- mostly carribean and south america. Contract is good...guaranteed 4 days off in between all trips...100% deadhead, awesome trip rigs and 150% for overtime...pay is tough...guarantee and perdiem will land you 40000 the first year...I am four year now and flying basically little overtime I will be at about 61000...tough but managable..upgrade running 4-5 years, but starting to quicken..negotiations are going good....managment wants to settle rather quickly so we are cautiously optimistic...the numbers we are hearing are another 13 this year and 100 plus next year...good movement...told that we had an operating profit last quarter and expected to increase as out casm continues to drop with hte new aircraft and the MD80s are returned to the leasors...

All in all...great little company to get on with because there is no question...management talks about it often...that an ipo is in the future within the next two years...that is why Indigo dropped some cash in was to fund the expansion to get us to revenues sustaining profitablity for the ipo....

Having said that...you never know...but a great place to try to get on with...good luck!

Yes, we are hiring at Spirit. It has been a super place to work considering the industry turmoil. We just received another 4 airbus over the past two months and we have financing in place for another 11 aircraft next year. We just got word of another 10 destinations- mostly carribean and south america. Contract is good...guaranteed 4 days off in between all trips...100% deadhead, awesome trip rigs and 150% for overtime...pay is tough...guarantee and perdiem will land you 40000 the first year...I am four year now and flying basically little overtime I will be at about 61000...tough but managable..upgrade running 4-5 years, but starting to quicken..negotiations are going good....managment wants to settle rather quickly so we are cautiously optimistic...the numbers we are hearing are another 13 this year and 100 plus next year...good movement...told that we had an operating profit last quarter and expected to increase as out casm continues to drop with hte new aircraft and the MD80s are returned to the leasors...

All in all...great little company to get on with because there is no question...management talks about it often...that an ipo is in the future within the next two years...that is why Indigo dropped some cash in was to fund the expansion to get us to revenues sustaining profitablity for the ipo....

Having said that...you never know...but a great place to try to get on with...good luck!

Good to know. I live in FLL and sent my app in about 3 weeks ago. Waiting to see what happens. Is it essential to know somebody in there to get an interview, (i.e. Fedex) ?

Take care!

Last edited:
wow...being local would be a great gig for you....especially because all fo's are typed and they love to hire the locals into the training department to help with systems integration and stuff....they like DTW and fll locals. dtw is actually senior but both bases are growing relatively the same...it always seems that people get what they want...

i am not sure on the letters....for what it is worth, i knew absolutely nobody

MadDog74 is on the mark. You have excellent opportunities with Spirit. Get on now and in five years you'll thank him, because by then everyone will want a shot at working there.

OMG!!! There really is a LCC/National Board on this web site!!! When did that happen.....gotta check this out!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back