southwest post interview process

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

saviboy

A friend of mine interviewed last week. Southwest just called our chief pilot about him. Does it mean he is gonna be hired or is it just something they do with every interviewee?

A friend of mine interviewed last week. Southwest just called our chief pilot about him. Does it mean he is gonna be hired or is it just something they do with every interviewee?

It's definitely a good sign. From what I've seen if you get your references called you have a very good chance and that you made it passed the interview and on to the DB.

It is a positive sign that things went well in the interview. I know one friend of mine (who now works for SWA) who had his refs called the first time out and did not get the gig. He did get it on his second at bat though.

I just got an email from a guy that interviewed with me. He had his references called and didn't get hired. I don't however think that is ver common from what I've read on on this and other forums.

Getting your references checked means your going to the decision board. I asked a Chief the other day about references and he stated that nobody gets hired without someone checking your references. Some claim to not have had them checked and his response was either they are lying or did not know about the checks, but everyone that makes it to the board has had someone called.

Don't shoot the messager, but this is what he told me. I figured he all of all people would know.

Everyone goes to the board. Everyone has references called in some form or another. The interviewee may not be aware of people being called on his/her behalf but that does not mean that they aren't being called.

The board talks a lot about some, a little about others, and almost not at all about the rest. Trying to figure out a routine here is futile. Unless you are able to gather data on every applicant that interviews you will be unable to correctly determine the process' ticks. Every applicant's process is different and very much the same. The protocol is the same but the people are different, u n d e r s t a n d? Too many factors in play to be precise in the guessing business.

Simply put: The interviewers have to like you and your interview performance, the LOI team has to give you the nod, your name is at every pilot base when you are scheduled for the interview (so people here shouldn't have reason to seek your name for comment about previous transgressions), online referrals matter, and then the decision board compiles a stack of data on each applicant and then render a decision.

Everyone goes to the board. Everyone has references called in some form or another. The interviewee may not be aware of people being called on his/her behalf but that does not mean that they aren't being called.

The board talks a lot about some, a little about others, and almost not at all about the rest. Trying to figure out a routine here is futile. Unless you are able to gather data on every applicant that interviews you will be unable to correctly determine the process' ticks. Every applicant's process is different and very much the same. The protocol is the same but the people are different, u n d e r s t a n d? Too many factors in play to be precise in the guessing business.

Simply put: The interviewers have to like you and your interview performance, the LOI team has to give you the nod, your name is at every pilot base when you are scheduled for the interview (so people here shouldn't have reason to seek your name for comment about previous transgressions), online referrals matter, and then the decision board compiles a stack of data on each applicant and then render a decision.

Excellent info except that not everyone goes to the DB. Again, just passed along info. Unless you seriously tank the LOI or the HR, you should move along the process.

Not as rare as one might think. I had all my refs called and was still given the snail mail go to hail. As someone said above don't try to figure it out. It is what it is and that's all that it is.

Not as rare as one might think. I had all my refs called and was still given the snail mail go to hail. As someone said above don't try to figure it out. It is what it is and that's all that it is.

Yeah same here Phaedrus. And your last sentence pretty much sums it up.

Latest resources

Back