• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest Furloughs..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Both extreme ends of the spectrum suck. Most of us reside somewhere in the middle.

SWA isn't going to furlough. They will grow a little, when Spirit goes under.

And what makes you think Spirit will go under? They seem like the only ones making money in this environment.
Let's see...they are looking for suitable A320's to place into service ASAP. The CEO himself in recurrent said they regret having returned the 7 319's and they are actively looking for more Airbuses with the right configuration.
Spirit has...

30 A320's on order for 2011 (not canceled, just deferred).
7 undisclosed Airbus orders (A330's ??)
More destinations have been added...especially in Latin America.
Planes are almost always full.
Our business plan is break even at $120 barrel of oil.

I don't think Spirit is going anywhere soon...

Spirit will be gone by 2010. Airlines grow and take deliveries...right before they tank. Par for the course. I hope the pilot group enjoys financing "The CEO" with their pitiful wages.

Not that I want to see Airtran go down and I most definately think that Spirit along with VA are on life support but using management presented data is nothing more than wishful thinking and speculation.

Consider Airtran lucky compared to Delta who are dumping 33% of their international flying to meet demand.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=AAI

That is a link for what 8-10 financial analysts are predicting for Airtran for 2009 and 2010. Sub $1.50/gallon Jet A prices, $90 average ticket prices, and $100+ million in baggage fee revenues will make 2009 a good year for Airtran and most LCC carriers.

Demand for $90 tickets will not be hit as hard as demand for the $1000+ tickets that are the real money makers at the legacies.

Not that I want to see Airtran go down and I most definately think that Spirit along with VA are on life support but using management presented data is nothing more than wishful thinking and speculation.

Consider Airtran lucky compared to Delta who are dumping 33% of their international flying to meet demand.

According to Moody article last week, the four airlines listed as being close to defaulting on their debt, and being on "Life Support", were Jet Blue ,US Air, UAL and AA.

Spirit will be gone by 2010. Airlines grow and take deliveries...right before they tank. Par for the course. I hope the pilot group enjoys financing "The CEO" with their pitiful wages.

You were funnier posting under EMBskillz or whatever it was. This is kind of dry. Back then, that was very obvious still very funny. What did it say "amraam , amraam" under profile? And that paste/copy fighter pilot into the E170. :D

And what was the other one? Something to do with Gulfstream Academy. That was with very poor English. That was my favorite. I can't remember the username. It got taken off in record time LOL. Everyone went for it too.

I am wondering if those threads are still around. I would love to read them again for some good laughs.

Aren't you that dude that got rejected by Spirit twice? All that bitterness figures...

My wife heard on the news in Dallas last week that SWA will cut an additional 4% from the system capacity this year. Is this the truth or distorted facts on TV news? have you guys heard anything about this? Or is there any news on hiring this year?

My wife heard on the news in Dallas last week that SWA will cut an additional 4% from the system capacity this year. Is this the truth or distorted facts on TV news? have you guys heard anything about this? Or is there any news on hiring this year?
Southwest has been saying for a few months that 2009 ASMs will be 4% less than 2008 ASMs.

Latest resources

Back