Southwest CEO talks mergers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

China and India will ensure that oil will be NOWHERE NEAR $40/barrel until we quit using it as a transportation fuel.

It doesn't matter how much money Exxon/Mobil has. They can't increase production because:
There's not enough oil
There's not enough drilling rigs
There's not enough engineers to find new oil
There's not enough workers to make the drilling rigs required
There's not enough workers to work on the drilling rigs required.

The CEO of Shell just reported that there will be a MAJOR shortage of oil problem in 7 years, that will cause MAJOR problems, unless governments/companies/people throughout the world do some drastic changing over that time period.

cliff
YIP

do you remember when we used to think that the United's, AA's, and Delta's had all the pompus pilots?

As far as having a loss if not for fuel hedges, there are losses and then there are losses. If in one column they had a gain of 727M from fuel hedges and in another column (Cashflow-Financials) they spent 1000M (ie 1B) to repurchase common stock, then there is obviously discretion to present things differently.

There's this thing called "income statement", and another thing called "balance sheet". Profits come from the income statement.

Stock buybacks are an inter-balance sheet item.

It gets tiresome being the finance police, but I'm always surprised at how pilots spout off such clearly incorrect thoughts as "fact".

No, buying back stock does not affect the profit. If LUV says it wouldn't have made money without hedges, absent accusing the officers of fraudulent statements, I would take them at their word.

PCL, of course they don't compare to the SWA pilots...WE ARE THE BEST...if you don't believe me just ask one of us, we'll tell you!

Latest resources

Back