• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sounds like a DAL hootenanny!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If by DAL MGT that layoffs = pay reductions then the DALPA unit has already reduced it's overhead.

Doesn't AA get a 9% pay bump this year?

I love reading these posts while I am on a 3 day trip and cannot respond (on the lounge computers---the laptop is on the fritz). Well, I am back now (I love allnighters....not)---and rested and now I will respond....

Ace757,

Sure, Grinstein wants to give the pilots a "blunt talk" at an open forum---but highly doubtful many will attend (except guys like FINS) because OUR UNION SPEAKS FOR US. If he wants to negotiate---then do it with our negotiators....That is what they are there for. He really has taken the Chap 11 talk away and is now focusing on "What will happen in the FUTURE with respect to LCCs." Well, we know they are there and that they may very well grow----so I think we should all take some sort of cuts and really be lean---including management. I read yesterday on the Dalpa.net that all of the executives had to report recent bonuses due to the fact that our share holder meeting is coming up soon, and just this week I believe Leo Mullin got $250,000 in stock options cashed (he still is officially with us until April 26th), Fred Reid got something like $50,000 , and even our VP of marketing got a $17,000 bonus----all a part of the executive retention plan.

Medflyer,

You are right, and that still stands....He can have immediate relief TODAY if they actually sit down and negotiate. They will be coming to the table anyways soon asking us for relief if we really do have a big early retirement on May 1st.....Maybe then they will come up with an offer that is fair and that will pass. By the way, we have been stuffed lately---probably Spring break.....

Falconjet,

Our IFE is better than everyone elses......and we have better food to buy on board too. The paint scheme on Song is interesting......

Meister Brau,

You are correct---I can and HAVE flown to Rome---and it was great service, but I did leave on my Vulcan Ears once and I was embarassed---but one of the old stews loved it and hit on me---don't tell my wife...

ILStominimums,

What can I say? I really just try to give my opinions and I still take a lot of flack---but that is ok. I enjoy this board.

Smoking Man,

That would be the deal breaker---Klingon Linguistics teaching---FOR FREE. I think that Worf guy is awesome.....And being on reserve so much I bet I could be fluent in atleast 8 months!!

FLB717,

Yes, AA gets step up raises, and I think 9% this year is correct. The longer we wait, the narrower our gap gets---but I would rather give now and get it over with, and most agree. It is funny that Grinstein says that layoffs are necessary---and he never even acknowledged that we have 3000 less pilots now than pre-9-11, and 1060 of our pilots are still on the street (the others are now retired). That is huge. I understand that they want to raise our monthly cap about 5-10 hours during this capacity increase of 8-10% this year with the existing pilots, and not bring back anyone. I doubt Dalpa would go for that---there has to be some sort of recalls---and a lot of retirements in May may cause those recalls anyway.....

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

More of the same...

Hello all:

Looks like I am with you all on this...more of the same from airline management looking for the desired result, massive cuts!

Since when did UAL/AA pay and benefits become the make or break numbers anyway? I'd like to see any CFO prove that those numbers will lead to profitability. I'd rather see real numbers of DL costs and come to our own necessary reductions. US Air pilots could work for free and still lose $$.

The truth is that pricing is well out of our hands. When you can fly just about anywhere in this country for $299 or less, not many are going to make true profits because costs really are higher than most airlines are charging. Fuel isn't getting any cheaper either.

I'm hearing some that will just take our chances with the BK judge. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

By the way, the General has trained you all pretty well!! Ha , Ha!

:eek:

DL Slug,

We all know that because the pilot costs here are higher---that will lead us to BK. Wait, I also read that we are going to ask for "connecting fees" now---$4 to $5 per leg. Hey, we might offset any pay cuts that way---just ask for a little more money from PASSENGERS. What a novel idea. Even though I still think we should give them some money to help them out......

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back