• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Someone offers $2M for Chicago Express certificate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lowecur, we were going to have zero saabs on march 28 so keeping 2 would be in the bidders interest to keep an operating certificate valid until they could do whatever they want to do. 2 million is a lot to pay just to run two saabs. The operating certificate must remain active to have any worth at all and I believe that is what the saabs are for. But hey, I'm just a pilot and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Glideslope! said:
lowecur, we were going to have zero saabs on march 28 so keeping 2 would be in the bidders interest to keep an operating certificate valid until they could do whatever they want to do. 2 million is a lot to pay just to run two saabs. The operating certificate must remain active to have any worth at all and I believe that is what the saabs are for. But hey, I'm just a pilot and I didn't stay at a holiday inn express last night.
Obviously, someone has plans. Could be Branson, or it could be a regional like Republic that is hedging their bet in case UAIR goes bust. I doubt anyone plans to p/u where Express left off, so let's just say the bidder has bigger plans for that certificate.

Does Republic have a certificate yet?

Maybe wexford will buy it, move the saabs to shuttle, and give the certificate to Republic. Don't they have to be certified in the near future to comply with the american agreement?

It would be a quick and easy (if not cheap) way for a Beech 1900 operator to add Saabs to their fleet.

QP

Oh, can I answer this one?

Yep, I've heard of GoJet. Am I going to get fired for saying that?

Or it could be a way for someone to sell two Saabs plus parts inventory and other various Chicago Express assets and let the certificate fade away. Not what I would like to see but still a possibility.

captjim said:
My guess would be Colgan.

That's a bargain for 2 operating Saabs plus parts and all that jazz ... Colgan or Shuttle should jump all over that ...

after all we've already hired a bunch of their pilots and bought some of their planes ...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back