Some interesting 9/11 questions...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Becasue....

The republicans will blindly follow bush into the gates of hell without questioning him at all. And until somebody gets off the "in the name of national secruity" kick, we'll get deeper into debt and create even more osamas by our fukked up middle east policy.

What You Think You Know About Sept. 11 …
… but don't.
By David Plotz

http://slate.msn.com/id/2088092/

1. The misconception: Zacarias Moussaoui was the "20th hijacker." ........

2. The misconception: We know how the hijackers seized the planes.......

3. The misconception: Iraq was involved in the Sept. 11 attacks......

4. The misconception: The Sept. 11 plotters planned to use crop-dusters for a biological or chemical attack. .....

5. The misconception: Terrorists or their supporters profited by speculating on airline stocks before 9/11.....

6. The misconception: No one could have predicted the Sept. 11 attacks....

Baloney!

Interesting, but largely drivel... 80% of the questions are, well, ignorant and conspiratorial.

To wit: Ashcroft cancelling travel on commercial airlines due to insider info? How about this possibility? A Cabinet secretary decides to travel via the normal VIP modes because of normal, everyday threats. I may not like the guy, but I don't think he took care of number one at the expense of 3000+ of our countrymen.

NORAD abdicating their responsibility? Heavy yuks...NORAD fighters were on alert, but their numbers were low on purpose. What was the recognized threat and assigned mission? To counter aerial "visitors" attempting to enter US/Canadian airspace; Ruskies, drug smugglers and Cuban defectors are some of those NORAD protect against. And there aren't too many of those, thus the numbers on alert weren't huge. NORAD, at the time, did not have radar coverage or responsibility inside the continental US or Canada. To assume NORAD did not meet their responsiblity only acknowledges that the questioner is ignorant.

Flight 93's fate? Yep, it's unknown. Kind of. Secret audio tapes? More yuks...the adminstration allowed the passenger's families to hear the CVR tape about three months ago...reportedly it was mainly a bunch of shouts, noises, bumping, shoving. It apparently proved that while there was an ongoing fight on board, there was no way to ascertain who was flying the aircraft when it hit the ground.

The Daily News failure to know of this CVR release is remarkable; either they deliberately ignored the facts or chose not to research the issue. Either way proves their lack of journalistic ethic.

I do, however, wonder about the veracity of air quality reports in the NYC area immediately after the WTC collapse. I too wonder about the administration's quick condemnation of Iraq after the attacks.

A good read is Bush At War by Bob Woodward. It'll help you with the facts without inserting a lot of critical evaluation. You read, you decide.

As for me, I believe the Daily News story to be incredibly poor journalism, largely followed by conspiracists and looneys.

Re: Becasue....

ALASKAN AVIATOR said:
The republicans will blindly follow bush into the gates of hell without questioning him at all. And until somebody gets off the "in the name of national secruity" kick, we'll get deeper into debt and create even more osamas by our fukked up middle east policy.

Huh? I guess the Dems were too much of their own person to blindly follow Billy Boy and blindly cover for him? Where is the objectvity and open mindedness that the Dems allegedly own the market on? Both parties are a den of thieves.

http://www.jaynadavis.com

Sometimes in real life, you won't be able to get all the facts, and sometimes, you have to act on information that is largely circumstantial.

There's no doubt in most people's minds that the world has gotten a little safer since the beginning of the war on terror. I think it can be considered a huge success so far.

BTW, did anyone catch the Democratic Debates on TV the other night? What a riot! Too bad Al Sharpton wasn't president- he says he'd have found Osama by now.

Re: Baloney!

Eagleflip said:
Interesting, but largely drivel... 80% of the questions are, well, ignorant and conspiratorial.

Amen!

10 lbs. of bull$hit in a 5 lbs. bag. When are these mindless liberal sock puppets going to grow up and face the realities of our world. All this kind of garbage serves to do is make stupid people think a little bit, and that in and of itself is dangerous.

So let's just give it to 'em straight.

Bush, Cheeny, Rice and Rumsfeld all got together one night and cooked up the whole plan. Oh yeah, Ariel Sharon was in on it to. They threw a few towel heads on the flights to pin it on them. But the high-jackers were actually the sons of caucasian corporate executives and members of the Israeli defense forces.

Oh Wait, No! I forgot. The planes were actually remotely piloted into the buildings by NORAD.

Then the whole thing got covered up so we could invade Afghanistan and eventually Iraq so we can dominate oil resources and spread Christianity around the landscape.

And lets not forget the noble Zacarias Moussaoui. Who did know about the attacks in advance, but was only trying to stop them form happening, being of course that he is Islamic, meaning he practices only love, peace and tolerance for all people. The government quickly snatched him up and made him a patsy.

Does that answer all these little "questions"?

I hate liberals. I mean that. From the bottom of my hate filled heart, I f^ckin' hate liberals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back