small frac's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

caseyd

Can anybody direct me toward fractional operators who serve second tier clients. That is, someone unable/unwilling to pay fees charged by NJ, Flops, Flex et. al.? Somebody who might sell shared ownership ina CE-550 or the like. I see Avantair and Aeroshares. Anybody else? Seems to me the big kids miss a market? Opinions? Info? Thanks

Casey

I know of a small CJ fractional program. They market themselves as a regional fractional, and sell shares only to clients that live in the same geographic region.

They weren't very successful.

Yep...check your PMs...

Seems to me the big kids miss a market? Opinions?
Have you heard of Marquis Jet? That is where the big kids are capitalizing on that small missed market.

Live4flyng said:
Have you heard of Marquis Jet? That is where the big kids are capitalizing on that small missed market.

If you mean small market as someone needing only 25 hours a year, yes. The 25 hour card programs (NJ Marquis, Citation Vector, Flexjet Membership) are roughly 30% higher per hour than traditional fractional ownership.)

Live4flyng said:

I see the Ultra offerred at $109,900 prepaid for 25 hours. Looks like $4396/hour to me. Plus the time value of money due to the prepayment means the card holder gave up at least $3800 if they can get 3.5% risk free. Just isn't a deal. What I'm looking for is examples of shared ownership. Four or five owners in a 15 year old CE-550 or something like that? Anybody know of an example?

Thanks
Casey

English

Are you going to wait out a recall, go back to corporate or both? Best of luck whatever your choices are.

GV

Why do you want to know??? Trying to start your own show?? I think there are plenty out there and know of one that uses old CJ's but they aren't very successful. A flight or two a week usually. If someone can't afford the frac jets, they either go with frac props or charter. Or maybe a plane ticket on SWA....

Mr. I.

Latest resources

Back