Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

N813CA

Yeah buddy
I was just wondering if anyone can give me some info on Skywest. Such as future growth, most junior base were we would probably end up. Travel benefits, what aircraft will I probably get. I currently work for Piedmont and I was offered an interview with Skywest. Thanks for the help.

Future growth:

In 2003, SkyWest will take delivery of 36 CRJs while turning in about 13 Brasilias (net growth 23 aircraft). In 2004, SkyWest fleet will grow by about 28.

Most junior base for Brasilia is probably FAT or PSP. Most junior for the CRJ is SLC.

Travel benefits cannot be easily encapsulated. We have in cockpit privileges with United and Delta as well as their code shares since they can all verify our employment. Discounts with most other carriers.

If you have significant turbine 121 experience, you would likely be offered the CRJ if you had a good interview. Good luck.

I got a call yesturday on the 19th. Interview on the 29th of October. What is the travel benefits for family members? Any tips for the interview. Thanks for the info. Anything else you can tell me I would greatly appreciate it.

United WYO for yourself, spouse, children and parents. Buddy passes at $50.00 plus mileage for UAL.

Delta ID 100 for yourself, spouse, children and ID 90 for your parents.

SkyWest WYO for yourself, spouse, children and parents. 6 $50.00 buddy passes on SkyWest.

Family travel benefits include unlimited standby travel on SkyWest flights, write your own tickets for United, ID100's on Delta, and discounts with many other airlines for the employee, spouse, and children.

Parents have unlimited standby travel on SkyWest and lesser benefits, if any, on other carriers.

We have 24 segments annually of VERY cheap buddy passes for United.

Of course, there are the very popular jump seat bennies.

As far as the interview goes, I very strongly recommend you look at the Interview link and Tips link found on

http://skywestpilot.com/interview/

Strong technical, and mechanical skills coupled with a great attitude will take you far.

I am going to be furloghed by mesaba in Dec and have been crossing my fingers that I get an interview with Skywest. When I last I updated my resume on the Skywest web site in the spring I received a confirmation reply from Camielle letting me know that my info got there. I just updated again a couple of weeks ago and this time no reply? I know they don't want any phone calls so my question is how to tell if my update was received?

I am a west coast guy and would love to come home and fly for Skywest.

Thanks othello

No more confirmation emails....

I committed the big no-no 3-4 months ago when I updated twice in two weeks.. I was used to the confirmation email.. didn't get one so I submitted the form again. Hope that didn't get me too many demerits.. hope to get an interview in the near future before I commit to "the bird in the hand" 121 offer I do have. Skywest is the first choice.. here's hoping they call soon!

P.S. Andy.. have you started work on the name change form to get rid of that extraneous 'i' in your last name? ;)

I've heard of an ID90, but what's a "write your own" ticket? And what's the diff between ID90 and ID100?

Matt

VFR on Top,

The United Write-Your-Own (WYO) is a self written ticket that allows every SkyWest/United Express employee to travel throughout United’s system. Travel is free of charge, except for United First Class on three-cabin international flights and any applicable government or airport taxes, duties or fees.

ID90's are passes that are discounted 90% off the lowest published fare depending on the class of service.

ID100's are discounted 100%, again any applicable government or airport taxes, duties or fees are paid by the user.

Olladriver

Latest resources

Back