Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Hey guys and girls:

Has anyone heard anything regarding the situation at SKYWEST? It is not clear what is going on out there, but from what i gather the possible 04/28/03 class hass been postponed too.

From a reliable source:

X - SkyWest Airlines: 195/90/30. 0/0/0. Not accepting résumés. All new hire classes for ’03 canceled... Orders/Opts: 8/35 CRJ200s for DAL Connection service & 22/84 for UAL Express service. Receiving 30 more CRJs in ’03, about 3/mo... Route: PSP-SLC 4/30... Reported 29% jump in 4Q ’02 net profits to $17.8M, carrier credited tight cost controls... Reported 1.44M pax thru 2/03, up 24.13% from 1.16M pax thru 2/02...

X - SkyWest Airlines: 195/90/30. 0/0/0. Not accepting résumés. All new hire classes for ’03 canceled... Orders/Opts: 8/35 CRJ200s for DAL Connection service & 22/84 for UAL Express service... Look deep into Kit's eyes...there is a huge pilot shortage...send me money so I can tell you there's a pilot shortage....pay no attenetion to the hundreds of jets parked in the desert...reach for your check book....pilot shortage...Kit says your getting sleepy...Receiving 30 more CRJs in ’03, about 3/mo... Route: PSP-SLC 4/30... Reported 29% jump in 4Q ’02 net profits to $17.8M, carrier credited tight cost controls... Reported 1.44M pax thru 2/03, up 24.13% from 1.16M pax thru 2/02...

more info - not BS

ok -- anyone want to post some info that is creditable...

While I don't work for SW I can guess that even management doesn't know whats goin on right now. Everything depends on UAL and how they do in this CH11 thing.

I now it stinks to hear this but your just going to have to sit tight a ride it out. Its anyones guess right now and things at Salt Lake are changing daily.

If you ask I saying this in ref. to what I saw ans see going on at my company (allegheny) in relation to pre/durring/post ch11 at US Air.

Just think of it this way, your many many steps ahead of others out there and in the regional industry thinks tend to get going fwd faster and better than other parts of the industry.

Hang in there

SkyWest hiring and Kit

From a reliable source:

X - SkyWest Airlines: 195/90/30. 0/0/0. Not accepting résumés. All new hire classes for ’03 canceled... Orders/Opts: 8/35 CRJ200s for DAL Connection service & 22/84 for UAL Express service. Receiving 30 more CRJs in ’03, about 3/mo... Route: PSP-SLC 4/30... Reported 29% jump in 4Q ’02 net profits to $17.8M, carrier credited tight cost controls... Reported 1.44M pax thru 2/03, up 24.13% from 1.16M pax thru 2/02...
Oh, yeah, Kit's real reliable, all right.

Nearly ten years ago, Kit, as FAPA, published an article about SkyWest in his Career Pilot "magazine." This article quoted a Dale Merrill, who was Vice-President of Human Resources at SkyWest. "Mister" Merrill said that if a regional hadn't hired you by something like 2500 hours that you were labeled as "having problems" and in need of a "hard look." This was ten years ago. While this comment supports my dim view of SkyWest's H.R. function, I would tend not to believe Kit's hiring statistics palaver.

I like LearLove's take on Kit's SkyWest information, above. :)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back