skywest upgrades

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

eglpilot

Is it true skywest is upgrading turboporop capts. with just 6 months seniority? what is the upgrade time on the jet now?

Thanks

Actually, we had a couple that were still in (or just out of) new hire training go to the upgrade class at the beginning of February. Next Emb upgrade class will be sometime in April at the earliest, but will probably go pretty junior as well. RJ captain is approximately 3 years.

Numerous FO's that I have talked to say that quality of life issues are the basis. A large percentage of the senior FO's in the company that have all the requirements are in the jet. The RJ is easier to fly, more time off as a mid range to senior FO than as a junior Captain on the 120. Many recognize that they dont need the PIC in a hurry to move on, as there is little movement. A jr captain on reserve doesn't make that much more than a senior RJ FO flying a productive line. I know, I was there a few years ago. Extra couple of bones a payday wasn't worth commuting, etc.
I believe DEN is the jr domocile for the Brasilia, but thats a guess.

Upgrades

It should be noted that EMB upgrades are averaging around 2 years seniority. There have been a few cases of people with a couple months here upgrading, but they will be stuck in Fresno or Salt Lake on reserve for a long, long time. The most junior CP in Santa Barbara for instance has just under 3 years seniority.

Scott

What would be the estimate ammount of hours a junior CAP would fly when he is reserve based out of FAT or SLC? Whats the pay for the jets and props?

Thanks!

Latest resources

Back