SkyWest Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
will7,
You will note that the online resume' has blocks for multi, turboprop, turbojet, part 121/135, crew PIC, crew SIC, actual, hood, recency, etc. That gives sufficient information to make the approriate discriminators on scoring. Will 3 letters help more than 2? Will 500 more hours help? Same answer to both questions.

VFR on Top,
I guess it depends on what you consider straight and days off. During ground school, we have nothing scheduled for the weekends although we highly encourage you to use the time studying and completing static training sessions. The first 10 students to make it though a class will have had three weekends and two travel days from the first day of ground school to the last day of sim which is 33 days inclusive. I guess we COULD try it like other airlines, drag out your sim training and delay the higher levels of pay....... naaaahhhh, we'll keep doing it this way.

Andy,

Don't forget to tell these guys that the SIM is down in Long Beach, and the hotel is on the beach. I'd suggest getting the early a.m. sim, so that it's easy to enjoy the California Sunshine in the afternoon, studying of course. :cool: Just make sure ya'll know the flows and Call Outs before Long Beach, and it's pretty easy to enjoy the experience.

Good luck to ya'll in class, we NEED you guys online asap!!!
-Mookie

midlifecrisis,

Actually, YES you can buy a new SSN. I have a friend who had to do it because of identity theft, and he was told he could get a new one without a problem. Now where he went and who he got it from i don't know, but i would assume a call to your local IRS office would help with that. You never know, they might just let you buy one for the heck of it, or at least the seniority of it. And if they give you the run around, just claim that you too have had someone steal your SSN.

Mookie,

Yeah, the hotel in Long Beach is pretty nice, especially compared to the old one they had us stay in, but on the beach? The port of Long Beach is not my idea of a beach.

As for the early am sims those usually went junior. Sim session from 6 to 10 am, but with a 4 am show for a two hour pre brief, no thanks. Flight Safety LGB does usually have a nice spread in the morning. I personally prefer the later sim sessions.

Take care

Latest resources

Back