Skywest to hire regular joes??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyjocque

Does anyone have any inside info on when Skywest might start taking resumes and doing interviews with regular joes (non ex-airline pilots)?? There web site says they're not taking them now.

How many are waiting for jobs in hiring pools now?

I'm trying to plan my ever extending (but hopfully limited) cargo flying career.

Thanks.

Last I heard there were about 60 in the pool. New classes will be run this month and next (number still TBA). The makeup of the class will vary as SKYW will offer newhire positions to XJET furloughs in equal numbers to new flying created by IAH domicile (i.e. the IAH domicle grows by 3 F.O./3 CPs, then 6 XJET guys get a call), the rest of the class will be filled from the pool as needed.

EMB classes have 30 newhires, CRJ have 15.

To be totally honest no one has a clue when we'll start hiring again, but I wouldn't expect it until the end of this year. Then again, this thing seems to work in a feast-or-famine manner and things can change dramatically on a weekly basis, so my advice would be to have all your paperwork in order and stay in touch with those you know in the company because when the rush is on, you want to be first in line...

Take it easy.

Perhaps with this new agreement they will start hiring people off the street - I hope so because it sure looks like I am going to be furloughed because of it...

Twotter,

Read my respnse to SkyWest in UAL MOU for 50 & 70-seat RJs.

Do you agree?

Twotter,

Read my response to the SkyWest in UAL MOU for 50 & 70-seat RJs thread. Do you agree?

I agree completely. If you check the ACO-ALPA board I wrote I lengthy piece called "My take as one to be furloughed" where I said basically the same thing. Unfortunately with this large of an award to SKW it means that either we or ARW is going to be hurting soon - or maybe both. Wouldn't mind getting on at SKW though - would love to be based in SLC. Heres to hoping it works out for everyone.

Twotter76

Latest resources

Back