Skywest sim ride?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tetauy

Does anyone know the exact sim profile during the skywest interview? Also, during the sim what calls are you supposed to make or do they just base how you do on your experience thus far? Are you just responsible for flying the airplane and the sim instructor sets up all the radios? If you can tell I have an interview coming up and studying like nobody's business. Any information on Skywest would also be appreciated. Thanks a lot everyone.

Know the ILS for Trenton NJ (21 I think). That is the most popular. I have also heard LAX is popular, but definately study Trenton. As far as calls you can treat the guy doing your sim eval as your F.O. (they expect this) have him ident your Navs. Callout's are 1000 to min's 500, 400, 300, 200, 100 to minimums. He (or she) will say looking. At minimums they will state that they have something in sight. Know what you need to have to continue. If your legal say, "continuing, 100 to min's" Then they will most likely state runway in sight where you will say, "Landing"

Give yourself time to get your radios set up and look at the approach. There is no need to speed through it. Also definately get some time in an ATC 810, preferebly at American Aviation in SLC. If you get the prep in SLC you will get almost the exact same sim profile that you will fly for your eval. I can't emphasize getting ATC 810 sim time enough. Some guys who were furloughed from other regionals didn't give it much thought & din't pass the sim.

Good luck!!

When you say give yourself time to set up radios and look at the approach are you talking about on the ground or in the air? If in the air should you transfer control to the FO so you can look the approach over and set up the radios? Thank you for the reply, you have no idea how much just that helps. I already scheduled the sim, all I have to do is hope that I make it there since I am flying stand-by. I only have an hour or so to get in, to the hotel and to the sim. Think it can be done? Any words of advice on tech and hr to study for? Thanks again.

Does anyone have contact info for American Aviation or someone in SLC with an 810

Thanks

What determines if you have a good enough sim ride to pass this part? Does it have to be a perfect ride or what? Thanks for the info earlier guys. On the callouts is that something that is given to you in your sim profile they give you? Also, does the sim profile give you exactly what they are looking for or strictly power settings? What type of hold did you do (i.e. NDB, intersection, dme)? And last but not least, what type of aircraft does the sim represent? That is all for now. Take care.

Dude,

You are asking questions that nobody can answer. Skywest will change the sim profile slightly with each person that goes thru it. Your best bet is to get some time in the same type of sim so you can get a feel for how it flies and how the panel is laid out.
They want to see you think your way thru a sim session. They dont want you coming in a repeating a session from memory, a monkey can do that! In my opinion you are setting yourself up for a problem but asking these very detailed questions. Someone will answer you with what they had and then you will go study that and nothing else. Then when you get a different apprach or hold in the sim you will be screwed. What does it matter what kind of hold they give you in the sim? Dont you know how to do all of them? The most important thing you can do is to go in relaxed and think before doing in the sim.
There is a danger to knowing too much info in a situation like this.
Good luck!

questions

I was just asking questions that popped in my mind. I don't think you can ever be overprepared. The questions were not asked so I could go and practice those exact situations. I was just wondering what people were doing these days. Flying is not a problem I was just more interested in what all procedures were involved. Thanks for responding. Good luck everyone.

Thanks Dilon. Let me know what you find out with your options. The HR stuff helped me out and got me started thinking about those types of questions. Stay in touch.

Latest resources

Back