• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest premiums

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is the typical hourly amount of overtime that a typical dispatcher works in a typical month at SkyWest?

As much as he or she can handle!!!!

Some guys are working 20 to 30 hours OT every paycheck....

Some dont work any.

I'm off tomorrow, maybe while the laundry is washin' I'll run up to the airport and shoot a picture for ya. Easy to spot if you know what building you are looking for.

And for your opinion on how beautiful it is here... I'm from the Pacific Northwest and I miss the color GREEN.

Its easy to spot, its one of the tallest buildings in town. Just look towards the hospital, where the Skywest helipad is located.

Found it, pretty cool.. I had taken 4 panoramic photos from the airport North to Southwest.. then I have google earth with pan and tilt etc.. I placed myself on Google earth with the Address on it.. and my photos.. walla.. matched perfectly..

Pretty cool that Google earth... I still think your town and panorama is just beautiful...

So now I can see where commuting is a tough thing.. I supposed you have to catch a E120's to LAS then outbound.. I assume the Cjr does not come there much..

I understand that you guys are getting a new airport.. where is that going to be located??
It has grown on me the longer I've been here (2 years)...still not sure I want to be here forever. Would love to go back home to DFW someday. I could stick with SKW for a while though...I do like the company quite a bit.

All said, it is a nice little town to a certain extent. There is plenty to do within 120 miles of SGU...just very little to do IN SGU.

No scheduled CRJ's in SGU. I don't think we've seen a CRJ in here since we took delivery of 821SK and they flew it down here for some promotional photos at SGU.

Only scheduled service is 7 or 8 daily flights to SLC and 2 incredibly ill-timed flights to LAX. All Brasilias. I've been pushing to work out some kind of jumpseat agreement with the company that runs the FedEx Feeder Caravans to LAS, but something tells me that would be a charlie-foxtrot on those hot days even if we got it all worked out.
No lack of OT here.
Year To Date: 557.55 hours OT
and I know I'm not leading the OT pack
I'm sitting at 375+ hrs. OT YTD. I've cut back significantly in the last few months and traveled more.

is skywest on 8hr days or 10hr?.....also why is there so much OT ? are there no VR at skywest ? I could only wish for that much OT at ASA...

is skywest on 8hr days or 10hr?.....also why is there so much OT ? are there no VR at skywest ? I could only wish for that much OT at ASA...
Four 10 hr. shifts.

OT is combination of staffing and time off granted. We run a pretty fluid sked.

You're going to have to define VR for us.

Latest resources

Back