• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Pay Agreement.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nah you're the joke. WTF does it go down from what the rate is now, and then back up. Explain that one.

You must have eaten paint chips when you were little.

Your per diem on the CRJ is (and yes, you fly the CRJ) $1.65 and hour. The TA actually, follow me now, increases the CRJ per diem to 1.75. The means it is more than you have today. The ERJ guys lose a nickel.

You're pityful.

If we pass this vote, then Expressjet has a leg to stand on with their new contract. Question is... Is it still concessionary in nature for them still? Dunno.

No, if you pass this, it will give management more leverage by using it against XJT (whipsaw). This pay proposal is worse than the TA and you are at profitable company. You would be agreeing to less while your company is actually making money. Not good for the XJT side. It will put more downward pressure on XJT. Whipsaw successful. Skywest pilots can help end that but rather not.

I also agree that if SKYW's agreement is so profitable, then they have no excuse to not consider a complete merger. How many at XJT would consider the SAPA deal in exchange for one list? Since this will never be on the table, I call BS on management's assertions.

I'll be willing to use different letters in the name of the association in exchange for one list.

Problem is that Skywest has to certify SAPA first.

Last edited:

Problem is that Skywest has to certify SAPA first.

The problem is SAPA, they spend more time with mgmt, than their co-workers. As a result the Stockholm Syndrome takes effect and they sell their souls for a few sheckles. No worries though, the crap pay package, coupled with the 7 year upgrade and the first 2 being locked into the EMB, means that the resumes will be choking the mail box, staffing will be interesting on the best of days and downright exciting on the others. It's like a car wreck, happening in slow motion.

I have to laugh though. This incompetent mgt allows this to be announced prior to our vote. Brilliant! :D:laugh:

Think again. These people are NOT stupid. I have it from a good source that the SKW board had no idea this was coming out.

Think about this scenario: The president of SkyWest makes this announcement, just before our TA vote closes, without the BOD's knowledge. Why? We vote down the TA the result of which is the mainline carriers won't award us any CPA's due to labor being in dispute. That way SkyWest gets any new CPA's that come along.

I was also told that when the SKW pay agreement came out XJT management said we'll give you guys that tomorrow if you want it. So tread carefully.

Latest resources

Back