Skywest Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tetauy

Does anyone know who SkyWest's chief pilot is? I have been looking for him but can not find him anywhere. Is that a common question during the interview portion as I have heard? Thanks.

Did you look under the bed or under...

....one of those cushions on the couch? JK. I believe the Chief Pilot's name is Jim Breeze. Good luck, were all counting on you!

DEN- BOB VENTURELLA
FAT-WOODY WOOD
LAX-JON TENPAS
PSP- TONY HOETKER
SLC- KELVIN HYATT

That's all I know of. Hope this helps--

Thanks for the help guys. So is Jim Breeze the senior chief pilot and then the rest of the guys are as you said? Also, any hints for the interview? Take care.

Let me help...., Jim Breeze is NOT the CP of Skywest. He was at one point, but not now. BH is the CP of Skywest, I could just spell his name but that would be to easy.

Actually Jim Breeze IS the System Chief Pilot after leaving the Salt Lake City Chief Pilot slot some time ago. I just posted my latest change to the Ops Manual and there he is. Is the BH to whomeveryonedoa360 refers Brad Holt? He is VP Flight Operations.

As everyonedoa360 said on a SWA thread on May 24th:

"It would be nice if people who don't know what they are talking about would NOT post answers to questions that they don't know the correct answer too![sic]"

Sorry about that Andy, and your right!

I did think that the CP of any Airline had to be current in at least one type of AC at the company. Don't they? Is Jim not over the age of 60?

Last edited:
I would refer you to 119.67b1 which requires an ATP and a type rating for at least one of the aircraft operated by the certificate holder. Further a person who is becoming a chief pilot for the first time ever must have at least three years experience in the previous 6 years as a PIC of a large aircraft operating under Part 121 or 135. Captain Breeze met both of these requirements when he became chief pilot. I believe the regs apply to someone going into the job and not to retaining the job.

First, I'm sorry to anyone I gave the wrong info to. I did not mean to mislead anyone. And as for Jim, I have been told today that Jim is under 60 and does go to sim to stay current. But thanks for the FAR info. By the way, our ops specs 2.4.3 # 15 states " Act as pilot as required to maintain proficiency"

Latest resources

Back