SKYWEST news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Does anyone have any news on what is going on with SKYWEST? I interviewed in Feb and was offered a spot and have not heard anything. They went from needing a lot now to full stop over night!

*** Crystal Ball INOP ***

My thoughts:

Less EMB transitions to CRJ + more EMB retirings + UAL's worsening situation + Candadair production problems + "Gulf War: The Sequel" problems (i.e. gas spikes and industry's general hesitancy to invest in future capital or labor with an increasingly uncertain financial future) = You sitting by the phone waiting for a class date...

My ideas on when it will get better = None.

My advice = Be happy and enjoy another beer, you are in a position many pilots would long to be in.

In conclusion: I hope for the best for out company and our entire industry as a whole. When times are good we can all joke around and say "My airline is better than yours" but when times are tough it is never good to see any pilot lose his/her job.

Fly safe and enjoy the view.

Hotwing, I am just as bummed as you. I got the call to interview late Feb. and another call to wait early March. I'm trying to keep it positive though, I feel lucky just getting the call in the first place. From what I hear, things are a little backed up in training, and there is a possible wait-and-see attitude happening with regards to United bankruptcy/War. I have many friends that fly there and they wouldn't want to fly anywhere else. From all I can tell, it will be worth the wait.

Outside looking in, aldassy

Just hang tight

Try to be patient you guys/gals, eventually you will get the call...too many RJ's on the way! If you are waiting for an EMB class you are basically waiting on enough current FO's to be elgible for an RJ class or upgrade, until then the only newhires will most likely be RJ newhires which is not exactly an envious position right now- reserve will be ugly for these folks while months of transitions will keep them from holding a line( or a decent one anyway). Don't worry it will be well worth the wait to fly the brasillia and just try to enjoy the relief that you have been hired by a great airline that looks as stable as any in these times. Good Luck and see you on line! JP

Latest resources

Back